Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much over MSRP are you guys paying for? I had one asking me $3800, other $2000 and I found one that only charge me $500 over with no accessories of course. I end up getting some goodies on the end since it took me 6 weeks to get the car. I'm very happy:2:

·
Registered
494 Posts
MSRP, and we paid for our accessories, ETC.

We went to 3 dealers, 2 of them were at MSRP and the 3rd one was 1500 above. (said it was a special package)

We went to the first one we went to. They managed to get the color we wanted without a long wait.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here in Hawaii they have this thing called "Market Price" which applies to any new car. Normaly they start between $3000-$4000.
I was lucky to get $500 only.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
$5000.00 Mark up at Pflueger ...

Luckily I got mine at MSRP ... I think I wore the salesman and manager down ... Was there from 3 in the afternoon till midnight ... Anyone in Hawaii looking for a similar deal I can reference you to my salesman ...

PrG

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pfluger is a ripoff. They have a Pilot in the showroom with $5000 over MSRP. I highly recomend Tony.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Is Pflueger still around? They were there back in the 70's and 80's when I lived there.

Oh the funny thing about the accessories, is that we took the accessory prices of the least expensive dealer (the second dealership we checked) to the one we finally chose. (the first dealership) And they honored those prices. Saving us about $500.

We didn't do that on purpose. Since we were trying to get the best deal from 3 dealerships, the paperwork got mixed up. We realized what happened as our salesman walked off with the cheaper price list, My wife whispered to me about the mix up. We just kind of smiled and waited to see what would happen. Sure enough after about 10 minutes, he came back and congratulated us and honored the new prices.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Pflueger is expensive but they are willing to work with you and their markups are only cosmetic. JN Chevrolet has a $10,000 markup on the trailblazer ... I told the salesman he was high on crack and walked a way ... My salesman at Pflueger is a weekend motorcycle riding buddy so of course he cut me a deal ... If you know anyone who wants a PILOT he'd work a similar deal like the one he gave me ...

PrG

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Tony ... Pflueger is still around and they are getting big ... Honda's ... Acuras ... and used cars all over the island.

PrG

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I went to Pfluger today and spoke with a friend of mine too that works there as a salesman and he said that $1000 would be the lowest price out. $500 was impossible. I'm very happy with Tony Honda and their new facility. Their accessories were also a lot cheaper comparing with Pfluger. Thanks any way for the offer. I saw the new Honda Accord today too. Very nice!

·
Registered
494 Posts
PrG,

They used to be called Pflueger Lincoln Mercury back when I lived there.

It's nice to see a local business survive all those years. I was back home (Oahu) a few months ago and everything has changed. I guess you can never really go home. At least I can remember the way home was.

Aloha,

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Tony ... I understand completely ...

It's like that for me whenever I go back home to Virginia ...

PrG

1 - 13 of 13 Posts