Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m considering purchasing a Honda Pilot. I’ve never made such a HUGE purchase for a vehicle before. I must say I’m a little nervous. In high school, a 91 Honda Accord and in college and until now I have a 09 Honda Civic. I have 2 kids now and I need a bigger car. I know everyone’s payment won’t be the same but If you could include

Year
Company financed with
Interest
Payment
Years financed

Thanks!

·
Administrator
15,585 Posts
Monthly loan amounts vary depending interest rate, amount borrowed, term length. Honda often has interest rate deals, credit unions often have better rates than dealers. Google amortization tables and you can calculate numbers for yourself.

·
Registered
47 Posts
If you have good credit, Honda will periodically do a 0.9% financing plus $500 off. Look for this when the 2020s are coming and they want to clear out the '19s.

·
Banned
379 Posts
It's gonna come down to your income and credit. Yours may not be the same as someone else. Honda finance will give best rate I believe, so try to go with that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've seen payments all over the place due to $ down, credit score (which is absolutely a huge huge factor), term, miles, etc Honda Financial here I've used them twice nice and no issues at all

·
Registered
36 Posts
I’m considering purchasing a Honda Pilot. I’ve never made such a HUGE purchase for a vehicle before. I must say I’m a little nervous. In high school, a 91 Honda Accord and in college and until now I have a 09 Honda Civic. I have 2 kids now and I need a bigger car. I know everyone’s payment won’t be the same but If you could include

Year
Company financed with
Interest
Payment
Years financed

Thanks!

As others have said, payments are going to be all over the map.

I searched around, and the credit unions are much cheaper than the banks. But the credit unions near me had rates that were slightly above what Honda Finance is offering.

The current special through September 3rd via Honda Finance:

"2019 Pilot Special APR
1.9%
APR for 24-36 months
or 2.9% for 37-60 months

For well-qualified buyers. Example: 10% down payment. 36 months financing at $28.60/month per $1,000 financed"

If you go the 60 months route, at 2.9%, basically comes to a payment of $18 per month for every thousand that you borrow.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
11 Posts

Year
Company financed with
Interest
Payment
Years financed

Thanks!
The real question is do you PLAN on having more kids? If so then the Pilot isn't ideal- the CR-V would fit better and is plenty large enough for a family of 4 plus luggage. If you plan on having more kids then then Pilot still.. may not be a good choice.

The Pilot is for those who imo have older kids who can get themselves in and out without assistance. You don't find yourself carrying a ton of luggage (coming with the territory of having smaller kids) - stroller, bags and other child related stuff.

If your kids are smaller, still require your assistance and you plan to have more miniature people then the most logical choice is the Odyssey.

IF YOU'RE NOT A MINIVAN MOM [email protected]

Then here is my personal Pilot info!

#1 I work for a Honda dealership in sales and have for many years. I decided to join this forum for more information on Honda Hack (btw which works wonderfully on the 16' Pilot) but am not treated any different and honestly pay more when I buy something from my dealer than a customer does..

2016 Pilot EX-L - 2WD with 39k miles Certified.
Paid roughly $26k plus 1k in fees, tax's etc
Total 27k

Purchased our extended warranty which is a Bumper to Bumper 10 year 150k (from original in service date) which gives us about 5-6 years of full coverage. This warranty cost me roughly $1,300 plus GAP insurance of $400 - a total of $1700 + Pilot cost of 27k bringing us to a total of 28,700 being financed.

Terms are 75 months at 4.25% with a payment of $450 roughly (my math here isn't exact so don't hold me to it!

*** If you purchase a Pilot PLEASE buy the extended warranty. These Pilots have a problem with injectors. Some aftermarket warranty companies (the one I bought) cover this repair. I literally just had my Pilot serviced yesterday which needed a total of $1800 in repairs which was all covered via warranty. My deductible is $100 and that's all I paid.

·
Registered
36 Posts
OP: I suggest you ignore advice from LoveBrick.

Seems shady... Urging everyone to buy the extended warranty. And the response neglected most of what the OP was asking.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm sorry but I feel that my post was meaningful and provided advice to OPs questions. She's a mother with two kids (ages unknown) a Pilot might NOT be what she needs. Sometimes hearing that from someone else or someone that made the wrong choice makes sense.

I'm a salesman at a Honda who also owns a 2016 Pilot who also happens to have bought his used and purchased an extended warranty that I literally had to use yesterday to repair the dreadful Emissions code which by the way IS not covered under powertrain and totals up to a 1,800 repair. I'll PM you the bill if you'd like?

I literally gain nothing from OP buying a Pilot or a Warranty. I'm giving OP my first hand advice from both a professional and personal option.

However if you feel my advice isn't sufficient then feel free to post your own advice for OP to hear. By the sound of it she's asking for multiple people's points of view. Just because you don't agree with me doesn't give you the right to tell someone else "don't listen to him, he's shady" my post covered multiple topics and has meaning.

Cheers!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts