21 - 30 of 30 Posts

Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
Or, use 50/50 and be done with it.

Reactions: zmarke01

Registered
Exactly, so I guess the answer to the OP鈥檚 question is 2 gallons of Coolant? 馃槀
Or, use 50/50 and be done with it.
The OP said flush. Depends on how they will perform the flush. Maybe OP will let us know what the plan is. They may have gotten more info than they wanted and we ran them off. Lol

Registered
2020 Pilot Black Edition
True, but my inclination is they鈥檙e referring to the standard drain & fill as it seems Honda generally shys away from using the term 鈥渇lush鈥.

Registered
True, but my inclination is they鈥檙e referring to the standard drain & fill as it seems Honda generally shys away from using the term 鈥渇lush鈥.
A 3 x drain and fill only cleans out approximately 80% of the old coolant, since you can only drain out a little more than a gallon opening the radiator. This why I dislike 50/50.
$54 for 80%. Plus having to dispose of so much coolant.

Registered
Honestly - I just do a drain and fill and use OEM fluid. 5 - 7 years or 100k miles makes sense to me (same schedule as the timing belt). I've done this with my IS300 using Toyota red coolant and after 20 years and 236k+ miles and you won't find a cleaner cooling system and never "flushed". I can't say that I've seen the same experience using Prestone products.

I'd do 2 gallons of Honda OEM coolant. My dealer is a rip off and charges $28 a gallon for 50/50 mix. Order from online dealers who aren't insane.

Registered
I can't say that I've seen the same experience using Prestone products.
As I've said in other threads, I've got nothing bad to say about how well OEM Honda 50/50 blue works to protect a cooling system. My only complaint is the cost and that it's 50/50. Prestone Concentrate Multi-Vehicle hasn't given me a moments doubt as to its it's ability to protect. This 9 year old, 264k mile Honda V6 is proof.

Reactions: aggrex and Hondamon

Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
As I've said in other threads, I've got nothing bad to say about how well OEM Honda 50/50 blue works to protect a cooling system. My only complaint is the cost and that it's 50/50. Prestone Concentrate Multi-Vehicle hasn't given me a moments doubt as to its it's ability to protect. This 9 year old, 264k mile Honda V6 is proof.
I have always used the yellow jug Pretone concentrate mixed 60/40 with demineralized or distilled water and never had an issue with any of my vehicles including the motorcycles. The main thing is not to use tap water as that will cause a lot of calcium deposits to build up. The only exception was with the Saturn and a couple of other GM products which used Prestone Dexcool which has a different formulation.

Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
A 3 x drain and fill only cleans out approximately 80% of the old coolant, since you can only drain out a little more than a gallon opening the radiator. This why I dislike 50/50.
$54 for 80%. Plus having to dispose of so much coolant.
On the Saturn with the J35 Honda engine, there was a drain tap on the engine that allowed you to drain the block as well. Not sure about these new V6's though

Registered
On the Saturn with the J35 Honda engine, there was a drain tap on the engine that allowed you to drain the block as well. Not sure about these new V6's though
There is one.

Reactions: Hondamon
21 - 30 of 30 Posts