Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought it might be interesting to know. How many miles your Pilot had on it when you drove it off the lot.

Mine had 3 :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Mine had 8 miles. Picked it up 1/15- currently at about 720 miles. Weather has been so lousy here, I really don't like to go outside, let alone drive (even though my Pilot seems to do extremely well on wet/snowy/slushy roads!).

·
Registered
725 Posts
My PILOT Mileage

My salesman picked me up at the Las Vegas, NV airport, so by the time I technically drove it off the lot, it had 28-miles on the odometer.

I LOVE MY PILOT!!!!! (just thought I'd throw that out there)

PILOTinginCO
Sagebrush Pearl-EX
Parker, CO

·
Registered
204 Posts
GR8PILOT said:
Mine had 8 miles. Picked it up 1/15- currently at about 720 miles. Weather has been so lousy here, I really don't like to go outside, let alone drive (even though my Pilot seems to do extremely well on wet/snowy/slushy roads!).
Mine had 17, I guess a few people test drove it.

Where did you buy your Pilot? I bought mine at Immke.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Picked mine up with 4 mi. on it on 1/25/03. As of today, I barely got 50 mi. on it now because I only drive to the train station which is about 3 mi. away.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
4 little miles...seems to be the norm for a brand new off the truck Pilot. I guess those miles would be: drive off the assembly line, onto a truck, onto a ship, onto another truck and then onto the lot? Just a guess.

·
Registered
481 Posts
11 miles before we took it for our pre-purchase test drive.
16 miles after we bought it and drove it off the lot.

·
Registered
29 Posts
HiFlyer- I grew up in Lewis Center, Ohio! Graduated Olentangy H.S. Was married in Lewis Center U.M. church! Currently living in Columbus, but moving back to Powell in May.

We got our Pilot from Honda East. Put out a quote request via Yahoo, and got a call from Internet Manager at H.E. I didn't really care what color I got, just wanted an EX-L with RES. He had a white one in the showroom, so that was it! I've not been to Immke Honda- is that the one on Sawmill Road? We test drove at Hugh White, and thought we might purchase there because it was conveniently located close to my husband's work, but they didn't have any Pilots at all, other than their demo.

·
Registered
204 Posts
GR8PILOT said:
HiFlyer- I grew up in Lewis Center, Ohio! Graduated Olentangy H.S. Was married in Lewis Center U.M. church! Currently living in Columbus, but moving back to Powell in May.

We got our Pilot from Honda East. Put out a quote request via Yahoo, and got a call from Internet Manager at H.E. I didn't really care what color I got, just wanted an EX-L with RES. He had a white one in the showroom, so that was it! I've not been to Immke Honda- is that the one on Sawmill Road? We test drove at Hugh White, and thought we might purchase there because it was conveniently located close to my husband's work, but they didn't have any Pilots at all, other than their demo.
Did you get a good deal? I got 1800 off MSRP offer from Hugh White, but they did not have the color I wanted. Immke(sawmill) price-matched Hugh White's offer, they had the color I wanted on the lot. I bought it.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
74PILOTMOM said:
4 little miles...seems to be the norm for a brand new off the truck Pilot. I guess those miles would be: drive off the assembly line, onto a truck, onto a ship, onto another truck and then onto the lot? Just a guess.
Mine had 2 when I first looked at it and bought it (right off the truck and still in plastic), but I think it had 6 when I picked it up. The extra 4+ miles were from the emissions check and licensing test drive.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Mine had over 100. I leased it from a leasing agent in Dallas. He bought it from a dealer in Denison TX, about70 mile away and the dealer in Denison traded for it from a dealer in Ft Worth. Rounf about way but I got what I wanted.

·
Registered
34 Posts
START MILEAGE

Bought mine off the lot and it had 28 miles on it. It must have had a few other test drives, but decided on me. Wow am I glad she chose me!! I love her!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine had 25 miles on it when I bought it. Some of those were test drive miles I put on there. Got the Pilot fresh off the truck in the plastic. Awesome vehicle! :cool:

·
Registered
62 Posts
HiFlyer said:

Mine had 17, I guess a few people test drove it.

Where did you buy your Pilot? I bought mine at Immke.
HiFlyer,

Mine had 19, so I was beginning to think someone else test drove my "already sold" Pilot as well.
(Especially since I did not pick it up until three days after delivery!)

Happy Piloting!

·
Registered
991 Posts
Mine had 3 kilometers.

·
Registered
248 Posts
This is an interesting thread, because my dealer said that a 10 mile test drive by the mechanic was required on all new Hondas.
Maybe that's just something this dealer does.
Anyway, ours had 12 miles on it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts