Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got word from salesman that our Pilot, #15505, was in last night and that he would keep it locked and not used for test drives.

Then today when discussing details he says that "it has 35 miles on it and he drove it off the car carrier that way"...!? Before then it was "only 7 miles or so" when delivered. Lies like this make me very anxious about closing the deal. Wonder what else he's lying about.

I picked up our 99 Ody with only 8 miles on the odometer. How many miles on the odometer when you picked up your Pilot?:confused:

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Pilot 10, CR-V 12

My '02 CR-V was dfelivered with 12 miles, and my Pilot was delivered with 10.

·
Registered
39 Posts
moonkat said:
Just got word from salesman that our Pilot, #15505, was in last night and that he would keep it locked and not used for test drives.

Then today when discussing details he says that "it has 35 miles on it and he drove it off the car carrier that way"...!? Before then it was "only 7 miles or so" when delivered. Lies like this make me very anxious about closing the deal. Wonder what else he's lying about.

I picked up our 99 Ody with only 8 miles on the odometer. How many miles on the odometer when you picked up your Pilot?:confused:
Can't recall specifically, but it was either 3 or 7 on ours at delivery. I remember thinking it wasn't much.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks gang!

My experience and Honda America's as well.

Wonder how those miles got there....test drives?.......auto body shop?

Not a total satisfaciton kind of feeling.....:(

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Where in MD?

How far from DE?
I know a trustworthy dealer there.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm in Eastern Muddyland so Delaware is no problem.

Typically we buy autos from the midwest; the outlaws (wife's parents) are in MO. But I thought I'd save the trip out there.

By all means send me your recommendation. Looks like I may be getting to the bottom of the list again.

Oh well; I've got to feel good about the experience....

Thanks all!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Miles??

·
Registered
61 Posts
14 miles and just looked at the paperwork for the title and it said 25.

·
Registered
152 Posts
6 miles...

·
Registered
664 Posts
8 when it came off the truck. Then we took it for a test drive...18...then their sales manager called me and begged to drive it, I gave him the ok. Officially picked up at 24.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Also off the truck...

:) Only had .7 miles on it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
So I take it that these people that had <1 mile did not get a full tank of gas??? I'm assuming that the car had to be driven somewhere to get gassed-up. The cars themselves do not have full tanks of gas while in transit. Makes me wonder why some have 6 miles like mine, whereas some have <1???

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
I wonder if some dealers have the vehicles delivered to a lot other than the sales location. Maybe an off site prep shop?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Gas Pump?

A few dealers that I've been to have service stations literally right next to their store. I've even seen a very small number of dealers (mostly in older areas) that have thier own gas pump...

I suppose that somebody could've been up to 'no good' with a 30+ miles, but unless you are there when they car carrier gets to the dealer you'll never know...

gupt0014 said:
So I take it that these people that had <1 mile did not get a full tank of gas??? I'm assuming that the car had to be driven somewhere to get gassed-up. The cars themselves do not have full tanks of gas while in transit. Makes me wonder why some have 6 miles like mine, whereas some have <1???

·
Registered
395 Posts
I don't remember exactly, but it was less than 10.

Gupt, I think some large dealerships have on-site gas pumps. My dealership has a gas station less than 1/2 mile away.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I had a full tank of gas, but gas station was right next door. Saw them fill it up after dealer prep. It had .7 miles when I first started the engine. Officially on the paper they put 5 miles because of my test drive before I signed. I guess it also depends where the dealer has their gas card...

·
Registered
39 Posts
nascar_pilot said:
14 miles and just looked at the paperwork for the title and it said 25.
Your post got me to thinking to check the Title; it reads 7 miles at delivery, and I believe that is exactly what it was.

BTW, my dealer gave a full tank of gas, but I think they have a pump at the dealership. I don't think the vehicle had been driven once it hit the dealership, other than off the truck, into the service bays for prep and then over to us for pickup.

Best,:cool:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts