• I\'ve owned 10 or more Hondas

Votes: 7 4.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many Honda passenger vehicles have you owned? This is our first and I consider it a step up. We owned a Nissan Sentra, Mitsubishi Mighty Max Extended Cab, Ford Explorer, 240 Volvo DL Wagon (still own) and now the Pilot.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The Pilot will be my 2nd Honda. The 1st is a 1990 Honda Accord with 202K+ miles on it that is still going strong! I am hoping to have the same good luck with the Pilot!

Cathy

·
Registered
173 Posts
Lots of Honda vehicles in the family over the years...

in order of acquisition -

me... 1982 Accord 4 dr (in the classic green color)
wife... 1987 Accord Lxi 4 dr - gray
son #1...1977 Accord 3 dr hatchback - red
son #2...1985 Accord 3 dr hatchback - gray
wife... 1992 Accord EX 4 dr - white
son #3...1988 Accord DX 3 dr hatchback - brown
son #2...1994 Acura Integra 3 dr hatchback - gray
wife... 1999 Acura 3.2TL 4 dr - heather mist
son #2...1999 Accord EX 4 dr - heather mist
me... 2003 Pilot EX-L - evergreen pearl

:29: They must be doing SOMETHING right!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Geez. . .I selected 10 or more Hondas!:p

Here they are:

'88 - Prelude Si 4WS (Black)
'97 - Accord Sedan SE (Black Currant Pearl)
'97 - Acura 2.2 CL (Flamenco Black)
'99 - Passport EX (Piece of Garbage);) (Black)
'99 - Accord Sedan EX (Black)
'00 - Accord Coupe EX-VL (Nighthawk Black Pearl)
'00 - S2000 (Berlina Black)
'01 - Accord Sedan EX-VL (Black)
'02 - S2000 (Sebring Silver)
'03 - Pilot EX-L (Starlight Silver Metallic)

Okay, damn! I think I have a problem! Alright, admittance is the first step to recovery, right?:rolleyes: :p

I'm not going to even share my age with you guys!:eek:

·
Registered
664 Posts
I've been short listed on this one.

'95 Accord LX Coupe
'95 Civic DX Coupe (Actually wife's)
'99 Accord EX Sedan
'03 Pilot EX

Of course it all started because my parent got a '92 Accord LX Sedan, that was a nice car.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Give me time

I'm only 28 so my list isn't as long as the ones above. However I am now a Honda fanatic, so chances are I wont stray to far in the years to come(However I wouldn't pass on an Audi S4). My list so far is........
'86 CRX.......120,000 and still going when I sold it.
'95 Civic EX..80,000 still my daily driver
'99 Passport....40,000 P.O.S. Had to go...replaced by the......
'03 Pilot ......4,000 Wifes daily driver.....we love it

·
Registered
35 Posts
The first was a '76 Civic Hatchback 5 sp and the 10th is the Pilot.
Wish the dealers were as good as the cars.
:4:

Henry

·
Registered
37 Posts
The wifey and I both had Civics back in the eighties. Shortly after we married in '95, we bought an Accord Coupe. Therefore, our new Pilot and new CR-V are our fourth and fifth Hondas. We are glad to be back.....

Phil Reedy

·
Registered
30 Posts
Acura Vigor is lst, Pilot is 2nd

The Acura has given us few problems in over 10 years--only persistent small oil leak of unknown cause, and radio display out

Other cars owned and their problems include:
Fiat X-1/9: tiny unreliable engine, cute mini-car
Lincoln Merc. Capri: 5 water pumps
2 Mazda 626: One with blown head gasket, seats too short
Volvo 740: Engine mounts, fuel injector, no power
Ford Explorer: Transmission at 50K(going out again at 107K when traded), steering rack x2, sway bar linkage snaped, lots of tires and brakes, broken door latches x2

Looking forward to the reliablility of another Honda.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have had 3 before this one.

86 Accord LX
86 Prelude Si (wife's)
91 Accord LX (wife's)

She had a company car from 1974 on.
I had a company car from 1990 on.
We always kept an extra car so that in case, just in case she needed to change jobs (she was in the imported automobile business for 25 years) she would have wheels.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I think I have 6 honda...

1984 Honda Accord LX (First car) - Sold
1983 Honda Prelude - Sold
1983 Honda Prelude - Sold
1988 Honda Civic HB DX - Still running with 250k
1989 Honda Civic HB SI - Totalled in an accident
1999 Honda Accord EX V6 - Currently driving

Lastly my new 2003 Honda Pilot.

·
Registered
465 Posts
The Pilot will be my first. I am giving up my 1995 Volvo 960, which has no problems, but is just too small, and I want to be able to see over other vehicles for a change!

I am not "brand loyal" to any specific brand, but am "country disloyal". Before the Volvo, I had a:

1997 Chrysler Sebring Convertible - 18 trips to the dealer on electrical problems in the first year. They never fixed the problem, and when I threatened the lemon law on them, they said they had one more chance to fix the car when I formally enacted the law, and they would send an engineer from Detroit to fix the problem if they had to. I asked them why they didn't do that earlier, and they said because they didn't have to. I got rid of the car...fast.

1993 Saturn something-or-other - 15 new fuel pumps before they figured out that there was a major problem in the design, and also that the car wasn't grounded properly!

1987 (I think) Nissan Pulsar. Good car, just didn't take care of it.

1972 VW KarmannGhia. AWESOME car that was 14 years old when I got it. All I could afford in high school, but had a blast in it.

My sister has only had Hondas - 3 Preludes and now a Passport. She put over 200,000 miles on each Prelude, except for the one that was stolen and totaled, and loves her Passport.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Let's see...

We bought a used Accord DX (1984), which was totalled in 1996 (a very sad day). Ended up buying two more Accords (a 1991 LX S/W and a 1992 LX Sedan). The '91 has 90,000 miles and the '92 has 125,000. To buy our Pilot, we will have to part with one of them and are having a tough time deciding which one. I love my S/W, but we would probably get more money for it since it has less mileage. I wish we could keep both of them (maybe give one to the kids when they start driving).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well, Let's see:

1. '80 Civic 1300 Blue 4-speed (Base strippo, but had a lot of fun in it since it was my first car when I was 16.)
2. '83 Accord LX Hatchback Grey Auto (Very nice interior)
3. '81 Accord LX Hatchback Silver 5-speed (what a workhorse! At 100Kmiles, towed a 6x8 Uhaul on a bumper hitch from Calif. to Arkansas with it and burnt a valve out in Oklahoma somewhere, ran it 2 months on 3 cylinders and it still had plenty of pep.)
4. '93 Civic EX Sedan Black 5-speed. (Probably would have riced it out if I had it today - way too much fun and what a SWEET engine.)
5. '95 Accord V6 EX Green/Blue Auto(puke sea-blue green Sage color, gave blue leather a whole new twist, but had no trouble at 120mph. Very smooth car. :) )
6. '99 Odyssey AWD Pearl-White Auto (Right-hand drive Japan only version when we lived in Tokyo. Everyone complains here about no sunroof on the Pilot. This car had 2 sunroofs and a lot more goodies that we could only dream about here in the States, though it did have the same AWD system that is on the Pilot. Just wished the Pilot had the folding power mirrors this car had so I could get it into the garage easier. Would have brought it back to the States, but just couldn't justify the $10K to convert it to US safety & emissions standards.)
7. '99 CR-V EX AWD Silver Auto (Loved it, but just too small, so it got traded in on the Pilot after only 2 months. I'll just be paying for it for quite a while longer. :( )
8. '03 Pilot EX Red Auto (This is the vehicle Honda should have made 5 or 6 years ago when I traded in the '95 Accord for a '96 Ford Explorer V8 AWD. Just needs a moonroof and it would be complete.)

Of course this doesn't cover the 3 Ford Tauruses, 2 Ford Explorers, 1 Mazda 626, 1 Toyota TownAce (Japan-only same as the original Toyota Minivan) and 1 Nissan 200SX Turbo. I think I've done enough horse trading for a while. Plan on keeping the cars I have for a few years, but you know how it goes when that new car itch gets ya'.....

- Gil
'03 Redrock EX-L (Roof Rails, Fog Lights, Rear Mud Guards, & Auto Mirror)
'92 Ford Taurus SHO Green

·
Registered
123 Posts
'86 CRX Si
'86 Civic DX 2dr
'93 Vigor GS
'94 Integra LS 4dr
'02 Civic LX 2dr
'03 Pilot EX-L NAVI

·
Registered
111 Posts
airgate said:
Geez. . .I selected 10 or more Hondas!:p

Here they are:

'88 - Prelude Si 4WS (Black)
'97 - Accord Sedan SE (Black Currant Pearl)
'97 - Acura 2.2 CL (Flamenco Black)
'99 - Passport EX (Piece of Garbage);) (Black)
'99 - Accord Sedan EX (Black)
'00 - Accord Coupe EX-VL (Nighthawk Black Pearl)
'00 - S2000 (Berlina Black)
'01 - Accord Sedan EX-VL (Black)
'02 - S2000 (Sebring Silver)
'03 - Pilot EX-L (Starlight Silver Metallic)

Okay, damn! I think I have a problem! Alright, admittance is the first step to recovery, right?:rolleyes: :p

I'm not going to even share my age with you guys!:eek:
airgate, I'm happy to find someone else with this problem. My friends have diagnosed me as being VADD (Vehicle Attention Deficit Disorder). You seem to have it even worse than me!

(in order of acquisition, starting in 1988)

81 Pontiac LeMans - worst car I've ever owned (absolute crap)
85 Ford Mustang - a very close second (and last american car!)
91 Isuzu Impulse - fun car, serious rust
94 Eagle Talon - great fun until the differential seized up on the hwy
95 Mazda Mx-6 - a beauty, very smooth but bad winter car
98 Toyota 4Runner - a rock-solid dependable truck, but not what we needed
99 Acura 1.6 EL - an Acura version of the civic. Nice car, torque steer problem
98 Volvo V70 AWD - a very comfortable lemon :3:
01 Audi S4 - Sweeeeeeet! I love this thing
03 Pilot - perfect family transporter

I think I've finally settled on two vehicles I can live with! (at least until the next gen S4 or Mitsu Evo come to town ;)

·
Registered
128 Posts
1979 Accord (120,000 miles) - work horse
1979 Accord (90,000 miles) - never a problem
1986 Mazda 626 (140,000 miles) - just kept on ticking (still running somewhere in New Mexico)
1995 Saab 9000 (108,000 miles) - great ride super expensive to maintain (semi-lemon)
2003 Pilot

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Five and Counting

Let's see....

1987 CRX HF (Totalled after flipping twice)
1989 CRX SI (Sold)
1990 Civic LX (Traded In)
1995 Accord LX V6 (154,000 miles and going strong)
2003 Pilot EX-L RES SS (with recall)

No qualms yet

:1:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts