Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

How long do you plan to keep your Pilot?

• 1-2 years

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 2-3 years

Votes: 10 3.6%
  • 3-4 years

Votes: 19 6.9%
  • 4-5 years

Votes: 20 7.2%
  • 5-6 years

Votes: 26 9.4%
  • 6-7 years

Votes: 29 10.5%
  • 7-8 years

Votes: 32 11.6%
  • 8-9 years

Votes: 12 4.3%
  • 9-10 years

Votes: 37 13.4%
  • 10+ years

Votes: 91 32.9%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering how long people plan to keep their Pilots.

·
Registered
340 Posts
We almost always keep our cars at least 6 years, usually longer.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For those voting 10+ years

The poll parameters limit poll options to 10. If you vote 10+ years, it would be interesting if you could respond with a brief statement of how much longer than 10 years you intend to keep your Pilot.

·
Registered
10 Posts
How long after 10 years? Till it falls apart! I'm having faith that I'm going to like it as much as my Accord.

I have a 1990 Accord with over 202K miles that is still a great car.

I also dislike trading cars - I just want dependable good-looking transportation.

Cathy

·
Registered
19 Posts
At least 10 years. I only like to have one car payment at a time and with college looming in the distance for my 11 year old, the pilot will have to last awhile.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hoping 10 years at least....'91 Accord lasted 10 1/2 until she was giving out....got the '02 Civic and hope she last 10+ too!!!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Going for the long haul...

I hope it lasts as long as my '88 Civic.

·
Registered
290 Posts
My average turn-around on cars is pretty low, but that is usually due to accident or poor reliability. We have only owned one other Honda (a Del Sol) and it was totalled (not real extensive damage, but the value of the car was not very high at the time, so it was totalled according to the insur. co.). I would love to think that I would keep it for 10+ years, but thus far my max is 7-8 years with my Jeep Gr. Cherokee. Once a car starts to wear down and have issues, I'm ready to move on. Maybe that won't happen as early with the Pilot. Let's all hope.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Re: For those voting 10+ years

Howdy Ag said:
The poll parameters limit poll options to 10. If you vote 10+ years, it would be interesting if you could respond with a brief statement of how much longer than 10 years you intend to keep your Pilot.

Until she stops forever.

·
Registered
62 Posts
My first Honda - 81 Accord Hatchback did 130K miles in 10 years, second 99 Ody is at 3 years and 53K miles...
We've also had Dodge 95 Grand Caravan ES AWD that did 102K then headed to the outlaws to make room for the Pirate. And 130K miles on a 90 Mazda 626 GT over 11 years.

The Ody is easy to put miles on, and the Pirate even easier...looking at about 5-6 years with a 0/7/100K warranty. Knock wood.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Six years is my minimum unless the vehicle becomes a Tramp (97 Jeep Wrangler).
86 Honda we bought new I kept for 8 years then put the oldest son in it for another 4. Sold it with 285,000 miles.
86 Lude bought new (wife's) kept for 5 years then sold it to a friend who had to have it and he kept it for 9 more years.
91 Accord (wife's) until 1997 when the oldest had to have one of his mother's cars. He still has it.
We both currently are very infatuated with the Pilot. I don't know which one of us is worse.

2003 #09131 SS EX

·
Registered
138 Posts
My response will be "as long as possible"

It's like a marriage. You are commited to your new partner, 03 Pilot. Unless there is problem, you never divorce your partner.

I never sign a pre-nap anyway.

:2: :2:

·
Registered
78 Posts
I don't have it yet but if all goes well, I plan on driving it and driving it, etc.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bump

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Howdy Ag said:
Good bump Howdy Ag!! :2:

Not sure how long I will keep mine. I am VERY pleased with the vehicle, but it seems my "needs" change so often that it is hard to predict. I think we all try to buy a vehicle that will meet our changing needs (while being reliable and all that), but so often the change is too dramatic. My last car was a '99 Park Avenue that I thought would last me a long time. All of a sudden my needs changed and I needed the ability to haul a lot more items and I was in the market! The Pilot matched my needs best!

YMMV

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
A month ago my answer might have been a year or two; I wasn't too happy. Having owned the Pilot 10 months, I could not find a suitable position for the driver's seat, that wouldn't move on me every time I exited the vehicle.

I learned very quickly after delivery last June that every time I would swing my left leg out to exit the vehicle, the seat bolster would droop, coming in contact with the power seat slider, causing the seat to lower. I first noticed it when I got the seat in a comfortable position, and two days later hopped in and felt like I was riding a trike--my knees under my chin.

I was so frustrated with the issue that I'd started shopping around. Luckily, I went back to the dealer where I bought the Pilot and a tech there helped me work out a great solution. He gently pulled the slider block off, leaving the individual adjustment pins exposed. The front pin raises and lowers the front of the seat bottom, the middle pin slides the seat back and forth, and the rear pin raises and lowers the back of the seat bottom.

I still have full adjustability of the seat, but now I can exit the vehicle, the seat bolster droops, but doesn't put any pressure on the pins, and the seat doesn't lower. Yaah! Now, all the reasons I love the vehicle are not overshadowed by the frustration of not being able to find and maintain a comfortable seating position.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Whenever I get one...

I will drive it until dies.

My '87 Accord (190K) runs like a champ.

My '98 3.2 TL (85K) runs like a champ.

Hopefully, my '04 Pilot will run like a champ too.

And no, I have not orderd a '04; just know I will be buying one this winter.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I drove my Honda CRX for twelve years and put 240,000 miles on it. My Honda Civic ran for nine years with 204,000 miles on it. I'll probably do the same thing with the Pilot.

·
Registered
964 Posts
10+ Years

I don't see why I would ever let go of this car. I expect to keep it until they have to pry the steering wheel from my cold, dead fingers (after my wife allows me to take it over).:1:

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
If I were a history student ...

1971 Chevy Nova - 137,000 mi., 11 years; engine blew
1982 Subaru DL - 144,000 mi., 9 years; got old and rusty
1991 Ford Taurus - 131,000 mi., 12 years +; still a cream puff
2003 Honda Pilot - 1,000 mi. +... , 1 month + ...; maybe going for a personal record

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.