Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
On my 06 they were changed out with each new set of tires. A friend worked at the tire shop and threw them in for no charge so it was a no brainer to do it.

I guess it would depend on how the battery in them lasts. At 12 years, if it were me, I would change them.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,236 Posts
You're lucky they're still going. I'd change them out with each new tire set as well. It really is no fun to have them die off one at a time and each time try to figure out which one, pretty much guaranteed to occur when it's not convenient for you. Ask me how I know. Even if you don't get @oseto317 favorable VIP treatment, change them all out at new tire time and be done with it.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,177 Posts
Yes, you are lucky your sensors are still working. With that said my wife’s 2005 Pilot is still on the original sensors. And no, there isn’t a piece of black electrical tape covering the light on icon on the dash.😁 The tire shop I go to said no discount if I had them installed with new tires so I’m holding out until the batteries die.

Reactions: slvrpilot

·
Registered
2018 EX-L AWD w/Sensing
98 Posts
I've heard 10 years. My 2011 CRV's TPMS light comes on once in a while. I will swap out the TPMS next time I buy tires.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts