Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for another brake thread; I know this topic is discussed ad nauseum on here. Peeking through the wheels, my rear pads are looking a little thin. The rotors also have some scoring.

I currently have 63k on the clock. When did you guys need to change your rear brakes?

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Sorry for another brake thread; I know this topic is discussed ad nauseum on here. Peeking through the wheels, my rear pads are looking a little thin. The rotors also have some scoring.

I currently have 63k on the clock. When did you guys need to change your rear brakes?
Mine lasted to 70k ish and it was pushing it ... upgraded to a better set

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
2,940 Posts
My wife gets about 45k miles on a set of brake pads. But she does a lot of city driving so that’s probably making them wear out quicker.

·
Registered
164 Posts
My rear pads began looking thin at 135k miles so I swapped out the pads and rotors to match the stoptech street pads and slotted rotors that I installed on the front around 70k-80k

My pads at 135k probably would have been good for another 15k-25k Miles but I had a state safety inspection that I wanted to go smoothly.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
While the rears tend to not wear as fast as the fronts, I've learned to replace them all at the same time. It keeps the braking more even. On the Pilot, where massive stopping power is the norm (not...), have matched rears unloads the fronts a bit, and that may help the fronts in a critical second-stop situation if nothing else. This is even more important for folks who are upgrading pads.

In the giant scheme of things, brake pads are one of cheapest pennies-per-mile consumables on the car. Every once in a while they can be critically important.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts