Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Friends...

If you are waiting on a new "Pilot" when did you order it and when do you expect it?

Did your dealer give you the born on date?

Ours was born on January 20th and we expect it about the 10th of February.

Don

·
Registered
40 Posts
I waited 1 Day.

Walked into the dealer on Friday Morning, She said there was one Havasu EXL-Navi just off the truck this morning. Put down a deposit for MSRP and drove it home next day.
I wanted white but ... I wanted it NOW more.
I also know how lucky I am.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I waited zero days. That's probably because I'm in New York. The dealership had 14 pilots available...2 which had deposits on them for possible sales.

I picked mine up 1 week after ordering it becuase I wanted the passive alarm and lower front bumper trim with fog lights.

It also happened to be Christmas week, so I had a few other things going on :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
dandbtucker said:
Hi Friends...

If you are waiting on a new "Pilot" when did you order it and when do you expect it?

Did your dealer give you the born on date?

Ours was born on January 20th and we expect it about the 10th of February.

Don
Hi Don(and Brenda),
Well I am glad you got this started since i never got to it,
Congrats:D on getting your born on date i've been holding off on calling about mine,but it should be this week also. You didn't say when you ordered it but I think you told me mid november,I ordered mine on October 19th and it was supposed to be 2 - 3 months:rolleyes:. Good Luck, Let us know when you get a VIN #.

·
Registered
991 Posts
waited long

You guys are lucky! I waited 5 long months.

They had Pilots, but not the one I wanted..

rob

·
Registered
138 Posts
I waited 3 months. However, my dealer found the one I wanted at another dealership before the one I ordered came in. Otherwise I might still be waiting...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Ordered it 10/28 and got it 12/30.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Three hours.

Reason it took so long the salesman I like to deal with already had a client in his office.

Oh, the time you will wait when you really want something.

;)

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
The car we wanted was waiting on the lot

My husband and I walked into Criswell Honda in Germantown at 4:30 p.m. on the Saturday before Christmas and drove off with our Silver EX at 8:30 p.m. as the dealership was closing up. Left the car with them later the following week to get the accessories installed. Turned out to be our Christmas present to each other.
:2:
Instant gratification can be sweet!

·
Registered
44 Posts
2 + long months

Ordered it (with $1,000 deposit) on December 11th or so.....

Received a call on January 20 that the Born on date will be February 7 with a delivery of about February 22 or so.

I am expecting the VIN soon.

I could have had several other Pilots that came and went, but silly me, wanted to stick with BLACK.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I was going to start this thread!
Great minds think alike here.

I contacted Costco Online buying and the authorized dealer called me. I went in December 27th wrote an $8,000 down payment check and walked away with nothing but paperwork. (I paid for it then because of that 3.49% financing ending on the 2nd) Luckily my Pilot had been born and was in transit, silver and everything like I wanted. As soon as it showed up, Jan. 5th we ran to the dealership in our little Civic and picked up our new big girl complete with roses for me :)
Husband drove it home:3:-but I got to stare at it-
I only waited a total of 9 days, but didn't get to show it off for the holidays:headshak: . Making up for it now of course, and the envy of my minivan owning friends.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Not Too Terribly Long

Found one that matched what we were looking for in mid August, it was supposed to be delivered to the dealership in mid October and it showed up the first week of September, 2002.

I am so glad I decided to buy my PILOT, because it is so nice to have a vehicle that doesn't require weekly trips to the dealership for repair (like my Ford Expedition did for the 4 1/2 years I had it)

PILOTinginCO
Sagebrush Pearl-EX
Parker, CO

·
Registered
149 Posts
RRP - Due in Feb

Ordered on Jan 5th. ($1000 dep.)
Build date 1/21-25
ETA Feb 10th.

Keeping my fingers crossed!!:4:

·
Registered
29 Posts
First, ordered on December 13, at Hillside Honda and had to pay extra to get the car in two weeks. Waited for two weeks and dealer couldn't get it. Waited for another two weeks, still no luck. I demanded the car and was offered money back on December 30. Same day started calling to all dealers in NY, NJ, CT looking fir Silver pilot with Nav, found one, bought the same day. On December 31, I drove away in MY NEW PILOT.

BTW I still did not get money back from the first dealer. Called American Express and disputed 2K deposit. They are investigating. Dealer does not return my calls...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Picking up my EX-L w/RES on Monday

:rolleyes: Placed a $500 deposit last Tuesday evenning for a White EX-L w/RES, and picking it up on Monday. Today is Thursday and five more days to wait :13:

I could have gotten it last Saturday evenning if not for stalling at $500 price negotiation. I offered $31K for it but the dealer was firm on $31.5K. The salesman even chased me to my car but still wouldn't budge. On Tuesday evenning, I called another dealer and he called me back after 10 mins asking his manager and they agreed. So I think waiting one week for $500 difference is not bad. I'm ordering all the accessories and installing them myself.

Five days are eternity for me now.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Picking it up on Friday

:2: Within 10 minutes of my last post, the dealer called me and said that my Pilot is here ready for me to pick up now. I think the dealer is reading this forum and he answered to my nagging about the wait. I was going to take the rest of today off from work to pick it up but my wife can't take off today or tomorrow. So I will have to wait until Saturday so we both can go there to sign the paper. Bummer.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Walked into the dealership @ 3pm ... Rode out @ 8pm ! So, 5 hours I guess .... or that was not exactly a wait since they were hammering us down to get the MSRP ! :)

·
Registered
335 Posts
I waited from mid January till June3rd, when I took one of the first Pilot's delivered...so I guess 4.5 months, without even a picture of the vehicle, at first!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I'm not sure my wait time is a fair measurement.

I placed a deposit in January 2002.

I took delivery of it the day it arrived at the Dealer. (May 31st)

It was one of the first two to arrive at the Dealer. Since product launch was June 1st, I guess I waited -1 day.

:D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Placed deposit 7-31-02. Our Havasu EXL-RES arrived (complete with cracked windshield) on 1-10-03. The dealer alleged that the delay was due to the longshoremen's strike temporarily cutting off the supply of transmissions. I didn't question it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts