Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any problems with the 6 speed transmission? I know the 9 speed is having all kind of problems, but how reliable is the 6 speed?

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have a little over 36K miles on my 2017 EX and it has been flawless. And I have 7000 of those miles towing a 1500lb trailerboat fishing every weekend. The noisy suspension is my biggest gripe.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just posted about a 28.5K mile problem where I get a rough shift accelerating. If you shut it off, and restart, it goes away, so sounds like a software/electronic issue. 2016 Ex-L

·
Registered
51 Posts
I specifically stayed away from the clunky 9 speed. The 6 speed works perfect for me. It downshifts quickly and upshifts are invisible. Gas mileage has been superb over the last 11k miles, 22mpg overall with highway trips always over 30mpg. 2018 EX-L

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just posted about a 28.5K mile problem where I get a rough shift accelerating. If you shut it off, and restart, it goes away, so sounds like a software/electronic issue. 2016 Ex-L
Tell them to check Transmission fluid pressure sensor.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just got a second check engine light on my 19 Pilot Ex with only 1400 miles. How far Honda reliability fallen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts