Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Because my wife can use the extra lift that a set of running boards or side steps can provide, I need to purchase a set within the next several days. However, I won't use them, and will in fact occasionaly hit the back of my pants on them when I get out of the vehicle (did it often w/the old Tahoe). Therefore, I would like to buy the one that sticks out from the side of the vehicle the least amount. Does anyone know which of these two accessories sticks out the least from the side of the Pilot?

thanks,
Phil Reedy

·
Registered
173 Posts
Phil...

This subject has been discussed quite a bit in other threads. Some have even posted pictures showing close-ups of the two styles. Virtually everyone says that the side steps are much less intrusive than the running boards. Several have also commented that they are very easy to install.

You might want to do a search to see what you can find on the subject. Good luck!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi ChiefPilot,

Thanks for the answer. I did check out the other posts on this subject, including the long series in both the Accessories section and Group Buy sections. I was hoping that someone could tell me some approximate dimensions, or an actual comparison between the two, neither of which has been discussed. Then again, I would imagine that the odds of someone seeing two different Pilots at the same time, with the two different styles mounted on each one, are slim indeed. Most likely, the difference will be negligible, and I won't go wrong with either one....

regards,
Phil Reedy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts