Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder how the Pilot compares to this!!!

http://www.x-raid.de/english/index.html

Remember, the X5 is a car based SUV just like the Pilot.
I read the article on this in BMWCAR magazine.

This one has a turbo diesel straight six with like 280hp and over 400lb feet of torque.

This was raced in the latest Paris Dakar Rally and was placing 2nd and 3rd in most and even 1st in some of the stages as far as overall... but finished 9th overall because a boulder in the road ripped the front suspension out. But in its class of diesel cars it finished 1st!!!

Hmm it would be kinda cool to see the Honda Pilot all rallied out running the Paris Dakar rally.... or other rallies for that matter. Maybe even start a Honda Pilot motorsports forum. I've got a modded E46 325ci that i take to the track... and in comparison the Pilot is not all that bad when pushed to its limits. The Pilot has a great chassis for this and a strong and durable engine that can take on the harshness of the rally.

BTW: BMW already has a close to production prototype of a 7 passenger X5.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Wild Panda,
Me thinks you would rather want a cheyenne or the Tuareg for a comparison yes.

Your Q would be like asking how a civic compares to a BMW M.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More like asking how does a type R integra compare to a 325... as far as racing goes on the Speed Channel... these 2 are in the same category... and in every race they are always swapping leads back and forth.

I think in the world of racing... the X5 and Pilot/MDX would be in the same class. And how cool would it be to see a Honda Pilot in action like that!!! It could be a cool marketing tool for Honda. Imagine a Honda Pilot all ralied out racing the Dakar rally catching air with kids painted into the windows!!! True the Honda Pilot is not meant for the Rubicon trail, but it can do really well in a rally like the Dakar. We all know how durable and powerful our engines are & how well the Pilot does when pushed in both slippery and dry conditions.

In fact as soon as i get a chance... i want to try and do a navigation rally that follows the rim of the world rally... in the Pilot.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Weeding out the German enthusiasts!

I'm a rookie to the SUV world with my wifes EXL...but I prefer the firm launch from my supercharged Audi A4.

Washed the Pilot today and am already devising ways to 'improve'. Running boards...stereo... Must stop now. Must stop now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts