Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on a project that requires me to access the area under the center console armrest. Does anyone know how to remove the center console?

I'm going to put it back, I just need to access some wiring that's underneath it.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I don't have the solution, but on a similar note...

I lost a credit card in the slide door that covers the cubby area in front of the console. Anyone figured out how to take it apart yet? (I know there were a few people that lost things there a few months ago.)

Sorry for the threaddrift ChuckW.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
catbert said:
I don't have the solution, but on a similar note...

I lost a credit card in the slide door that covers the cubby area in front of the console. Anyone figured out how to take it apart yet? (I know there were a few people that lost things there a few months ago.)

Sorry for the threaddrift ChuckW.
Here ya go cat...

http://www.honda-pilot.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1413

Almost did the same dang thing this week too! UGH!
But I caught it in time... Whew!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, reading that thread where they say it pops off, are they talking about the vertical sides of the console of the "net" sides?

Taking those two off would be helpful but I am also looking for a way to remove the center armrest console.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Can't help ya there ChuckW.
But just curious... Whatcha doin'?? :D

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm mounting lights inside the armrest console. I've got two very small white 12v LED's that will mount under the coin well on the armrest console that will illuminate the inside of the console when you open it. I've got the light mounting pretty much done but I still have two tasks to knock out:

I've got to get to the 12v switched power that supports the 12v outlet at the back of the console. By tapping this power source my little internal lights will only work when the car is actually turned on.

The other thing I have to do is mount a miniature plunger switch to the underside of the armrest support. When you open the console armrest the plunger switch will turn on the lights. Just like the glove compartment.

It's pretty simple, actually, if I can just figure out how to pull the console apart so I can route the wires.

I promise pictures and instructions when I'm done.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I was hoping you'd say you'd send pics! That really does sound like a great addition. I bet N_Jay would know how to get the console off. Try pm-ing or emailing him in case he doesn't see this thread for some reason. Lots of Pilot guru's here! I'm sure you'll get the answer you need. :29: Lookin' forward to seeing the finished project!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nope, I haven't had a chance to work on the console this week. If you have the page from the manual I'd love to see it!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Try reading the docs for the hands free cell phone kit at http://www.collegehillshonda.com/instructions/03pilot/handsfreephone.pdf

This may give you enough access to the areas you want. Once you are done, perhaps you can post more details about your project. It sounds interesting.

I want to add some lights to my running boards that light up when you open the door. My wife has missed stepping on them a couple of times when trying to place our kid into the car seat.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, I did it. The center console back comes off by simply pulling it straight back.

This business of attaching things with clips instead of screws is great! It sure makes it easier to open up the dash and console!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Help w/ Removing Side Covers

Thanks for posting the diagrams. I'm trying to remove the side covers shown in step 1 but I'm still not clear on the procedure.

Do I partially pry the cover off starting at the top and then release the clips? I've tried prying this cover in the past and it doesn't budge. Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
redpilot_nav

·
Registered
19 Posts
Centre consol slot

So that's where our $80 Parks Canada pass disappeared to! Right now a piece of paper in the storage tray sounds like it is slipping into that void - hopefully I can reach it with tweezers or something before it's lost too - hope it's not cash.

Regarding installing lights in the running boards - I have the same desire - but want to install mini 'backup' spotlights in the running boards right behind the front wheel wells. (My Saab has backup lights in the rears of the corner mounted front turn signals - love them. They light up everything beside you as you back out of tight spots.)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Thanks Birdman! Those instructions on how to remove the rear center console cover were invaluable in allowing me to route the wires for my Ipod installation.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
47 Posts
anyone got any tips for step 1?
i dont completely understand the instructions that say gently pry off the top top on each side of the cover before pulling off the rest

tried a butterknife covered in tape and got it under from the outside but im afriad ill break it if i pull to hard

·
Registered
48 Posts
RSD, just pull them up and out gently, but enough to unclip it. You won't break anything unless you pull them in the wrong direction. They aren't made to pop off easy, so you gotta pull on it enough to get it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
For a 2005 Honda Pilot EXL. Can someone help me identify the "Center Console Lower Cover" clips. Identified in the schematic as "D" or "C", depending on model w/wo heated seats They are wedge shaped metal clips that are meant to compression lock. They are used all over the Console. I can't find a part number for them and have exhausted online searches.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts