Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day all! I recently purchased a 2012 EXL with 187K miles. I immediately replaced the timing belt, water pump and associated belts, power steering pump, transmission fluid, and added the VCM Tuner II. My question to the group is how do you know if your engine mounts are bad or going bad? I do notice engine movement when shifting in gear (hood open with someone recording) but I don’t notice anything harsh while on the highway. About the only thing odd I noticed is around 25-35 mph is a slight delay to accelerate (almost like turbo lag), but that’s about it. Any suggestions/ideas? TIA!

·
Registered
574 Posts
At that mileage, they're probably done if they're original. Mine were both pretty bad and the car drove OK.

The front one will look compressed and flat. The webbing in the passenger-side mount will be cracked and torn. The two sides of the side mount should firmly resist rotation. If it didn't take some muscle to re-install when you removed it to do the timing belt, it's worn out.

·
Registered
11,410 Posts
If the engine is twisting up out of its cradle, it's time for new mounts. Other way to know is by vibration. You will feel it more in the gas pedal and gear shift but also throughout the vehicle.

Reactions: Advan1

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
At that mileage, they're probably done if they're original. Mine were both pretty bad and the car drove OK.

The front one will look compressed and flat. The webbing in the passenger-side mount will be cracked and torn. The two sides of the side mount should firmly resist rotation. If it didn't take some muscle to re-install when you removed it to do the timing belt, it's worn out.
I didn’t do the work on it, I had a shop do it so I don’t know if it required muscle to re-install. I would think the shop would‘ve said something about it if they noticed they were worn...more money for them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts