Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Day, new member here and very happy Pilot owner.

I've been trying to pry that little cap off the wiring harness (under bumper and above driver's side tailgate). Are there two tabs that have to be pushed or lifted? And which is it lifting the tab or depressing it?
Sorry it should be a very simple thing, but it's cold here in Minnesota and my hands are freezing!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've installed the OEM wiring harness on my pilot, I have a tiny bit confused by your question.

Do you already have the wiring harness installed? Or are you installing it. can you point out a timestamp in the following video that shows your problem item?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
yes, thank you. I'm having a hard time removing the cap off the harness in the video at the 2:14 mark. Not sure if I have to press or lift one or two tabs to get that pesky cover off the factory connection. I have tried both and it's not budging. I removed it from the chassis and there is a tab that runs parallel with the end of the cap and then one pointing towards the end of the cap. I have put a screwdriver underneath that tab and pulled with my other hand with a lot of force. I have pushed down on that one tab and pulled and nothing.

·
Registered
253 Posts
from this photo I would think that I press down on the end of this tab which would release the cap.
The tab you have circled needs to be squeezed. Or a tiny plain end screwdriver inserted underneath it and slide it in as far as you can get it and then lift up will achieve the same effect. Sometimes that works better because as the plastic ages there's not enough elasticity to get the amount of motion needed to disengage from the other plug by just squeezing it. You also might try a couple squirts of PB Blaster or similar at the joint between the two plugs. Over the years you've probably had road salts and other junk work their way inside.

·
Registered
749 Posts
The clip that holds the connector to the frame also locks the plug in. The connector needs to be slid off the frame clip and then push the tab in your pic.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes, thank you. I think the plastic being old and the weather being cold made this much more tricky than it should have been. I got it off of there. Thank you for the help!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the factory tow package on my 2012 Honda Pilot and haven't needed to use it until now. I can mount everything up until the point were I get to the (under bumper and above driver's side tailgate port plug)...I seem to be missing it and if I am where's the port plug come from? Thanks for any help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts