Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did my 1st oil change at 5400 miles. Now at 5800 the Maintenance Required light is coming on every once and a while. Does anyone know how to reset it? I am assuming that it is coming on for an oil change. Is this normal?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I know I've read a thread or two on this subject. I believe that "How To" is described in the owner's manual. Do a search on Maintenance Light and you'll find several threads that have drifted to that dreaded LIGHT! ;)

·
Registered
173 Posts
reset mt. light

hold trip reset button while turning the key to the run position

·
Registered
168 Posts
Just to be specific, I hold the trip reset button and start the car, waiting for the light to quit blinking, then release trip reset. Not sure of any variation, just what works for me.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DUH

I looked in the manual again and found the reference. Silly me I thought it would be under the maintance section-it was under the controls/dash section. I have it turned off now.

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Duh?

Did you have the oil changed by a dealer?
If so, why did he not reset it?

Oh, I forgot, its in the instructions they never read!!

(Stepping off my soapbox)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oil Change

N Jay I did the oil change myself. Pretty easy. The nearest dealer is 40 minutes away. I had the whole thing done in 20. A word to the wise is drain plug was tightened to about 80 ft. pounds. The manual states that it should be 30. I got careless and skinned a nuckle when it broke free. The frame rails are very sharp. The oil filter was very tight also. I ended up using my giant water pump plyers to break it free. I did stock up on the drain bolt washers @ .40 each from the dealer.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
No problem,

Just ranting about dealers in my spare time :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts