Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am getting ready for my first trip in the Pilot and have a question about securing luggage inside the car.

I'm concerned that during a frontal impact the luggage inside the car might become 'missiles' and at a minimum bang into the passengers.

Have not been able to locate a 'cargo net' type device that will secure the luggage. What I'd really like to see is something that securely attaches to the child safety seat anchors (tether anchor points) for the second and third rows.

Whatever I use for this purpose must be capable of handling at least 1000 lbs without breaking loose so an ordinary cargo net with plastic clips is inadequate.

I know, I'm probably paranoid but I had a bad experience in a station wagon a few years ago.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

JJ

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
How about the seperation net?

Attachments

·
Registered
11,113 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
423 Posts
I usr bungee cords and the many tiedowns that are in the cargo area. works for me when I go to bowling tournaments and take 10-12 bowling balls and equipment.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I've had good success with bungee cords too...

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
This is what I use in my Pilot, a cargo net which secures to the tether latches on the back of the 2nd row seats & the rearmost cargo latches in the cargo area, there are adjustable straps that run width wise that can be cinch to tighten & secure the load. For smaller load it can be doubled up for a neater appearance. I bought this cargo net @ an automotive/hardware store (Canadian Tire) for $39.00CAD.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
jay said:
The optional cargo net will work. You can order it at http://www.hondacuraworld.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=08L96-S6V-100&Category_Code=HP

from Tim. As pictured, it'll hold groceries. It will also fold flat and connect to the four floor hooks in the cargo area. I've used it like that to secure a computer and monitor I was moving.
I can take pictures of the optional net installed to secure cargo if it'll help your decision. It certainly won't hold down nearly as much as borg's net!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
borg said:
This is what I use in my Pilot, a cargo net which secures to the tether latches on the back of the 2nd row seats & the rearmost cargo latches in the cargo area, there are adjustable straps that run width wise that can be cinch to tighten & secure the load. For smaller load it can be doubled up for a neater appearance. I bought this cargo net @ an automotive/hardware store (Canadian Tire) for $39.00CAD.
Thanks to all of your for your responses.

Borg - - This is exactly what I've been looking for - Appreciate your help.

JJ

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
raleighpilot said:
... Borg - - This is exactly what I've been looking for - Appreciate your help.

JJ
I agree. I think you also hit it right in your first post raleighpilot. Both you and Borg have the best idea I've seen so far (using the tether points to anchor).

The separation net is probably the next best thing, but it uses the silver cargo clips and I don't think they are the strongest anchor points.

Well done!

·
Registered
461 Posts
I used some of the tether points, some of the clip points and used a net I bought at the local auto parts store. It looks like it is probably the same as above. It is not the one for auto trunks. I bought the one for pick up trucks and folded it in half. It has metal ring holes for the included adjustable bungee clip attachment devices. The net is not stretchy....just plain sturdy net. It had adjustable buckle straps in addition to the ones that attach it to the car. These can be pulled tight after the car is loaded. I kept it always attached to the tether points and opened the back end to stuff and unstuff the car.

I used it going across the country and it securely held about a zillion suitcases, tennis rackets, boxes, sodas, hiking boots and my kitchen sink.;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts