Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I noticed the light out on my gear shift . I was wondering how to get to it to replace it. Do you try to just pop up the trim around it? Is it only one light bulb?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This was my first post ever, in this forum and no one ever responded. My light is still out and I do not know the easiest way to get to it.

·
Administrator
15,669 Posts
I don't recall anyone having to replace that bulb before.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I don't recall anyone having to replace that bulb before.
I'm on here quite a bit and this is the first time I've seen this post. Usually someone is pretty quick to respond, unlike some forums I'm a member on.

Usually on center consoles like this one, they are held in by fasteners that pop off as you mentioned. I'd highly suggest a panel tool but if you have the muscle you can probably do it by hand.
If your a handy DIY person once the panels are removed, you'll probably be able to sort it after removal.
I usually pick up a shop manual if I decide to work on a vehicle. The first time you use it, it'll more than pay for itself.
Your probably the first to report this issue with this generation and others could benefit from your knowledge when you get it sorted.:29:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was looking at my gear shift the other day... I don't think I noticed a light.... Would you have a pic of where the light is?

Maybe mine is out too?? LOL :)

·
Administrator
15,669 Posts
I think you have folks stumped on this. But with a little thinking outside the box thinking, I bet you can do it.

In this video, they show how to remove the trim around the shifter. Once you have that off, its probably a matter of figuring out how to remove the silver trim around the shifter itself.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Use pry tool to remove driver side shifter panel. Start at the top right and work down. Remove both hazard plugs and vtm plug. To remove panel from shifter. Press the white tab where the shift lock release is. Then drop the shifter down. Pull the panel out. The bulb will be on the bottom left with 2 wires sticking out. Turn and pull down to release.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2014 Honda Pilot and I ran into the same issue. I was able to resolve the issue following the process documented above. I purchased Sylvania 2721 bulb (which comes in a pack of two). It is fairly easy to replace. Please remember to connect the white plug into the socket on the top before you pop-in the panel. Thank you @Rocky and @Bluesleepy for sharing the process.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts