Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

How can I tell the build date of my Pilot?

I might want to have a birthday for it next year :)

- Ben

·
Registered
919 Posts
The only method I've heard is by the dealer telling you. When you get in line for a Pilot that hasn't been built yet, the dealer will be given this information by Honda and they can pass it along to you along with the VIN. I bought mine off the lot, so I don't know the exact date. The only thing I have to refer to is the month of manufacture that is listed in the information on the drivers door jamb.

Chris

·
Registered
509 Posts
xyzzy said:
The only method I've heard is by the dealer telling you. When you get in line for a Pilot that hasn't been built yet, the dealer will be given this information by Honda and they can pass it along to you along with the VIN. I bought mine off the lot, so I don't know the exact date. The only thing I have to refer to is the month of manufacture that is listed in the information on the drivers door jamb.

Chris
Chris is right on this one. The dealer should have the build date - it is a range of about 4 days. For instance, the dealer notified us that our build date would be 8/10 - 8/14 as an example.

Now how quickly you should have a production date is open to debate. We received this information about a month before the actual production date - right after the 4th of July.

Otherwise, check the sticker inside the driver's door jamb as Chris suggested. However, that will narrow it only down to the month (in our case is says 08/02).

·
Registered
900 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Is it also on the "Certificate of Origin for a Vehicle"? I have the date 8/20/02 on mine, and I believe that is the date mine was completed. (I still have this certificate because I am waiting until the last date of my temp tags to go pay the tax on this vehicle!!!)

·
Registered
465 Posts
Last night when my husband was installing my XM, he took out the glove box and a couple of other pieces of the vehicle. Every one of them had a "store-like" sticker about an inch square with 08-13-02 stamped on them. I picked up my Pilot on 08-28, and know that it started its shipping journey on 08-20. I bet the 08-13 is the date the plastic pieces were molded. If this is correct, then they have a decent JIT system in place.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Speaking of JIT - Don't know about Honda, but the Toyota plant in Ky which produces about 2000 vehicles a day, usually has only 3.5 hours worth of inventory on hand!:4:

Bake in Wisconsin

·
Registered
18 Posts
There is a sticker on the side of the gas tank which can be seen if you look under the car about in the middle of the left side passenger door.

This sticker has a date and time on it.

Could this be the build date and time for the car? Or is it for the gas tank?

Bob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts