Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to help my someone in my family buy a used 2017 EX or EX-L with the Sensing package. Is there a way that you can tell from the dashboard pictures if the car has the Sensing package or not? For example, are there any extra buttons on the dashboard to enable/disable Sensing features that would indicate that the car has the package? I tried finding a Honda VIN lookup website that would give me the details of a particular car using the VIN but I couldn't find one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sensing controls will be located below the side view mirror controls
Thanks! After you told me what to look for, I took this snippet of a picture from the 2017 Honda Pilot brochure. I believe this is what I need to look for in used Pilot listings. The second button from the left looks like the button to enable/disable lane departure warning system.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Also the LKAS button is on the steering wheel near the 7 o’clock position of the cruise control switch.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I know you asked about the dashboard, but outside you can see a camera near the rearview mirror and I think the Honda logo will have a plastic cover over it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know you asked about the dashboard, but outside you can see a camera near the rearview mirror and I think the Honda logo will have a plastic cover over it.
Also the Honda badge in the front grille will be plastic, gloss black.
Thanks! All of this info is helpful because most used car descriptions don't list the option packages or the advanced safety features on a particular car. I really wish the used car sites like AutoTrader and CarGurus could use the VIN number to get all the original factory and port installed options off the window sticker / build sheet (or whatever it's called) so consumers who care about the options on a used car can easily find what they're looking for.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts