Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a 2021 Pilot Ex, insurance is asking for what kind of anti theft device is on the car for the discount. I looked over the manual and can't find nothing.

Sent from my P30 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just checked again, nothing on security. Is a owner's guide for quick reference. Only thing I can find is on page 69 for security system alarm indicator.

·
Registered
9,762 Posts
Just checked again, nothing on security. Is a owner's guide for quick reference. Only thing I can find is on page 69 for security system alarm indicator.
Did you download a copy of the owner's manual using the link posted above?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you download a copy of the owner's manual using the link posted above?
I did, I found something about the immobilizer system and security alarm on page 163. Hopefully that's enough. Thank you so much guys.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Maybe the window sticker lists alarm in the list of options... assuming you still have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maybe the window sticker lists alarm in the list of options... assuming you still have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's a window sticker that says this vehicle is marked and traceable by law enforcement.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Doesn’t insurance know everything there is to know from the VIN? Tell ‘em security is by Smith & Wesson and see what they say.

Reactions: Irish Pilot Mender

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Doesn’t insurance know everything there is to know from the VIN? Tell ‘em security is by Smith & Wesson and see what they say.
Exactly that's what I thought lol, they never asked about security features on my 2016 pilot before.

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,324 Posts
Gee I would send them the owners manual and reference the page number. That should keep the, busy for some time.

As an insurance agent, I think that's a silly question. you might even find something more googling Honda media and get to the specs given to the press.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Gee I would send them the owners manual and reference the page number. That should keep the, busy for some time.

As an insurance agent, I think that's a silly question. you might even find something more googling Honda media and get to the specs given to the press.
Yeah I found that weird, is Allstate insurance. Going to start researching other companies just for that move by them.

·
Registered
884 Posts
There's a window sticker that says this vehicle is marked and traceable by law enforcement.

That almost sounds like an aftermarket dealer installed alarm system. The window sticker it is on may be an "Addendum" window sticker to show any additional dealer installed items

I don't believe Honda has a system which is marked and traceable by law enforcement.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

That almost sounds like an aftermarket dealer installed alarm system. The window sticker it is on may be an "Addendum" window sticker to show any additional dealer installed items

I don't believe Honda has a system which is marked and traceable by law enforcement.
Could be by the dealer yes.

·
Registered
150 Posts

This sounds like the dealer add on you can't get out of purchasing!

·
Registered
813 Posts
I'm not sure if the EX Pilot has this, but the HondaLink app can tell you if your car has been stolen. Everyone gets a free trial of that so you could say that you have that, and maybe they'll give you a discount. I'm not 100% sure if the EX has this so if you do tell them that, they might find out that it doesn't have it.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,582 Posts
I told my insurance company that my 2008 is equipped with an anti theft system. I assumed the alarm that every car has counts as anti theft. I don't know what kind of discount is given...I've never looked. They have never asked for verification. (USAA)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm not sure if the EX Pilot has this, but the HondaLink app can tell you if your car has been stolen. Everyone gets a free trial of that so you could say that you have that, and maybe they'll give you a discount. I'm not 100% sure if the EX has this so if you do tell them that, they might find out that it doesn't have it.
It does have Hondalink just don't know if it has that feature but is a good idea. I'm gonna send them what I found and let's see what they say.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts