Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Seafoaming has gets discussed periodically. Doesn't hurt to do it in a non-DI engine if you feel like you have poor performance or poor fuel economy but chances are there are multiple systems that need cleaning/tuning up. Unless you are running poor fuels, modern engines just don't get as dirty as older engines so carbon doesn't build up enough to considerably change the compression ratio or affect other aspects of the engine.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Anyone have any thoughts on this "Hot Soaking" process to improve gas mileage and remove carbon build-up?

"Hot soaking" for improved mileage. - Fuel Economy, Hypermiling, EcoModding News and Forum - EcoModder.com
Not sure. I can tell you everything I seafoamed needed it haha. Plus it was fun for me. My Accord did fine but that year had an EGR plate. Seafoam didnt touch it. Still had to remove and clean but it was oddly very satisfying. I'm planning to sea foam my Pilot right before my next oil change. And some in the tank to clean my fuel injectors. Best time to do it. I think I'll pull my EGR and clean it along with the maf sensor and throttle body. Little things add up for sure. Anywho Dont be afraid to sea foam it. Couldnt hurt. 🤷

1 - 3 of 3 Posts