Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heat turned up to high/max. Vent on driver's side door blows cool, vent on right of steering wheel blows warm, all other vents blow hot/seem like they are working as they should. Any ideas as to why? I did have a timing belt service done this fall. Ideas? Thanks

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
Heat turned up to high/max. Vent on driver's side door blows cool, vent on right of steering wheel blows warm, all other vents blow hot/seem like they are working as they should. Any ideas as to why? I did have a timing belt service done this fall. Ideas? Thanks
Have you heard any clicking under the dash? The blend door actuator can go bad.
The other thing it can be is a plugged up heater core.
See post #6 with pics and video on a DIY fix.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Once you have verified the drivers blend door is working correctly, then you need to flush the heater core. Needs to be a clr flush, don't waste your time with anything else.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
What seems odd to me is, at the CLR website it says “do not use in automotive radiator”. A heater core is a small radiator.🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
743 Posts
Probably not good to add to coolant and leave in there for extended time. It is the Honda approved chemical for external pumping through the core.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I can't imagine even thinking about leaving that stuff in for an extended period of time. With all the little nooks/crannies in a heater core, I find it hard to believe being able to 100% flush that stuff out. Maybe that's why CLR specifically says "do not use in". Wonder if Honda read the "do not use in" warning at the CLR website?🤷‍♂️

It's probably approved by Honda because they know it's possible that stuff can eventually eat a hole in the heater core and that will be some major cha-ching for a Honda dealership to replace the heater core.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I hook a hose up to the core, and let it run 15 min in each direction as the last step of flushing. I have done lots of them, starting in 2014, so far no issues.

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
CLR is an awsome product. It only eats away at rust and corrosion. It's diluted with water. So by a through rinse, you shouldn't have any fears of it continuing to eat away at your heater core.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I'm not saying......CLR is saying. YMMV. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have you heard any clicking under the dash? The blend door actuator can go bad.
The other thing it can be is a plugged up heater core.
See post #6 with pics and video on a DIY fix.
No clicks or unusual noises

1 - 10 of 10 Posts