Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
06 exl with 227k. Flushed heater core and hot air came back in dash. Rear heat is cool at best. Looked online and don’t see my issue anywhere. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
2,957 Posts
Did you purge/burp the air out of the cooling system after the flush? Perhaps there is an air pocket trapped in the system.

·
Registered
128 Posts
How is the airflow from the rear fan? Have you cleaned the rear fan screen? (Pull open panel in center console at drivers ankles, fan has an intake screen like a dryer filter that is usually linted up). Order some drive-through french fries, drop one between drivers seat and center console, mark french fry locationt, measure forward 8 inches, remove plastice panel and you will find the fan.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hahaha.... making me hungry now. Airflow is good. You happen to know if the rear air has a heater core?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cleaned the fryer basket while I was looking for the elusive fries. Dang! I really am hungry for fries now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After chasing said fries between seat and dash I burped if that counts. Lol. No, I made sure to park and let run on an incline. It’s lunchtime, I’m sorry.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
2,957 Posts
I’m hungry too.

There is definitely a separate heater core (and A/C evaporator core as well) under the center console.

·
Registered
5,593 Posts

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
If burping and vacuuming bring you no joy, next try swapping out the thermal resistor. It's to the right of the blower in the first picture above.

Rear blower Transistor Fix

Amazon.com: PartsSquare Rear A/C Heater Blower Motor Resistor Compatible with Acura Mdx 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 Blower Resistor Replacement for Honda Pilot 03-08 HVAC Blower Regulator 4P1493 RU364: Automotive

1 - 11 of 11 Posts