Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please excuse me if this topic has been discussed to death here, but I just found this place and did not see it when I searched for the topic. Anyway, I have had my Pilot about 3 weeks and just bought a Honda hood wind deflector. When I called my dealer today to see if I could swing by so his tech could pop in the 2 rivnuts reqired (I already drilled the holes in my hood), he told me there was a September 2002 Service Bulletin in their Service News saying the deflector can cause wind noise between 18 and 60 mph and the bulletin told dealers not to install the part until a "countermeasure" was found. As far as the dealer knew, no resdesigned part is available. So my question is whether anyone is using this accessory and whether wind noise really is a problem with it. I love the way it looks and the protection it gives to the hood--but won't install it if it causes noise. Also, if you do have one, have you had any problems going through a car wash with it? Thanks.

Apex

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
I retuned the Honda (never installed) and got the Perfect-Fit.
It makes no noticable wind noise, covers the hood above the headlights, and need no holes drilled.

Try Searching on;
Air Deflector wind noise

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply. There is lots of info there. On my way now to take the Honda one back.:3:

Apex

·
Registered
449 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Apex said:
Please excuse me if this topic has been discussed to death here, but I just found this place and did not see it when I searched for the topic. Anyway, I have had my Pilot about 3 weeks and just bought a Honda hood wind deflector. When I called my dealer today to see if I could swing by so his tech could pop in the 2 rivnuts reqired (I already drilled the holes in my hood), he told me there was a September 2002 Service Bulletin in their Service News saying the deflector can cause wind noise between 18 and 60 mph and the bulletin told dealers not to install the part until a "countermeasure" was found. As far as the dealer knew, no resdesigned part is available. So my question is whether anyone is using this accessory and whether wind noise really is a problem with it. I love the way it looks and the protection it gives to the hood--but won't install it if it causes noise. Also, if you do have one, have you had any problems going through a car wash with it? Thanks.

Apex
You may want to double check with your Honda dealer about the new air deflector. I had the original one on my vehicle and the wind noise was terrilbe. It was just replaced last week with an upgraded one by the Honda dealership. It doesn't look much different but there is absolutely no wind noise with this new deflector.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Re: Re: hood wind deflector

RNPilot said:

It was just replaced last week with an upgraded one by the Honda dealership. It doesn't look much different but there is absolutely no wind noise with this new deflector.
Are you saying that Honda has come out with another OEM wind deflector?

·
Registered
166 Posts
When I ordered my wind deflector, the Internet dealer I used (from Macon , GA), called me to say that they had been recalled and it would be 2-4 weeks before he could send me the redesigned one. About 3 weeks later I got a package with the redesigned deflector.

So far no noise.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Is it possible for someone to post pics of the redesigned OEM hood deflector? What's the difference? (Has the redesigned deflector been chatted about before on this board?)

If I get one from the dealer any idea how I could tell if it's the newer design and not the wind noisy old ones?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well--new Honda deflector design or not, I took it back today and just ordered the Form Fit from Tim at hondacuraworld.com. It was $91 including shipping and was in stock. Sure do wish to thank my local dealer for not being on top of the service bulletins and allowing me to drill 2 holes in my hood to mount the Honda product before I spoke to someone who had knowledge their parts guy should have had.:3: Oh well.

Apex

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Don't forget to touchup the paint around those holes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts