Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Glorificatus Oleum Mutante
13,425 Posts
I solved my hood shaking by dropping the hood latch a little. Three 10mm bolts.

Reactions: Hondamon

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry to hear you had the same sh*t happen to you UnklCrakr. I ended up trading in my Pilot for a 2019 Ridgeline. I started looking at GMC/Chevy pickups and it was too much of a change and too much $$ to take the plunge. I'm too used to my Hondas. I have a superb dealership now (the dealership I originally purchased my new Pilot from closed down so I was sort-of homeless which I think hurt my situation a bit). They were able to take the Pilot off my hands and use the credit I got from Honda Corp. to fix it and so they gave me a good deal on the trade. It's funny, it was in Denver at Kuni that I took it 3 times, once they put on a new latch, the second time they "couldn't replicate" and the third time they said I needed a new hood. Never once did they mention the service bulletin--they don't have an affiliated body shop so maybe that's why they didn't ever bother searching but that was really crappy service IMHO. When I got the claim number from American Honda they were going to pay 100% of the costs to fix the hood according to the service bulletin. Have you gone to them and gotten a claim # yet? I would push on that because if you can show you went to multiple dealers who didn't bother to find the service bulletin they should offer you what they did to me. The biggest challenge is finding a Honda dealership that has an associated official approved body shop to do the work. It's only a couple of hours apparently, but don't wait too long or you'll end up like me and need a whole new hood which is expensive and takes the car out of commission for a week.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had Hondas of all sorts, motorcycles, cars, SUVs. The 2017 Pilot is my biggest design disappointment. The hood flutter over the years caused cracks in the hood assembly. I just had it into the shop for them to look at it and hopefully fix it. They added some washers and said I have to replace the hood and that they would not cover it. I called Honda (800-999-1009) and was told my VIN is not even covered under the service bulletin (https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2018/MC-10145389-9999.pdf). Odd, since it shows Trim (ALL) and VIN (ALL) for 2016-2019 Honda Pilots. I am just looking for their acknowledgement of a design flaw and some help in the replacement cost. Perhaps with persistence they will, but for now I'm on my own.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2016 pilot Anny one seen ur hood shakeing wen going 75 on the highway.
Have honda figure out wat they gonna do about that . Or we have to fix our self
To me its a scary sight to see dont no if my hood gonna pop up caused an accident
Or get sum one killed .or is it jusbmy car that has that problem.
Hi, u got the soution? I m in same problem. Please share if u get ideas to fix this. Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry to hear you had the same sh*t happen to you UnklCrakr. I ended up trading in my Pilot for a 2019 Ridgeline. I started looking at GMC/Chevy pickups and it was too much of a change and too much $$ to take the plunge. I'm too used to my Hondas. I have a superb dealership now (the dealership I originally purchased my new Pilot from closed down so I was sort-of homeless which I think hurt my situation a bit). They were able to take the Pilot off my hands and use the credit I got from Honda Corp. to fix it and so they gave me a good deal on the trade. It's funny, it was in Denver at Kuni that I took it 3 times, once they put on a new latch, the second time they "couldn't replicate" and the third time they said I needed a new hood. Never once did they mention the service bulletin--they don't have an affiliated body shop so maybe that's why they didn't ever bother searching but that was really crappy service IMHO. When I got the claim number from American Honda they were going to pay 100% of the costs to fix the hood according to the service bulletin. Have you gone to them and gotten a claim # yet? I would push on that because if you can show you went to multiple dealers who didn't bother to find the service bulletin they should offer you what they did to me. The biggest challenge is finding a Honda dealership that has an associated official approved body shop to do the work. It's only a couple of hours apparently, but don't wait too long or you'll end up like me and need a whole new hood which is expensive and takes the car out of commission for a week.
I am about to rid rid of my 2017 Pilot for the same issue. I am curious about the Ridgeline. Have you noticed the same issue with the hood? Thanks

21 - 27 of 27 Posts