Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone i got a 2016 touring pilot and sometimes when i open my hood to check my fluid level even if i closed the hood properly when i go back on the road sometimes the hood alert flinch alot im just trying to see where i can located it and maybe disabled it if there is no repercussion .
Thank you

·
Registered
11,381 Posts
Hi everyone i got a 2016 touring pilot and sometimes when i open my hood to check my fluid level even if i closed the hood properly when i go back on the road sometimes the hood alert flinch alot im just trying to see where i can located it and maybe disabled it if there is no repercussion .
Thank you
Do you like to know if your door is open? This is a safety feature. A hood coming loose while on the highway would not be good. Might need to tighten up on the rubber hood adusters.

Reactions: The Todd

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,177 Posts
A year ago I was between my main job and drove Uber/Lyft in our 08 Pilot.
I had to go to the 'Hood' too often. Not anymore.

Oh wait a minute, not that 'Hood'? Never mind LOL

Reactions: PHM

·
Registered
11,381 Posts
Is there any topic about the adjustements or where is located want to fix it rather then disabled it
Is the hood latch functioning properly (lubrication?)
There is a sensor on the hood latch. A wire harness connector clips to it. You might check to see if it is clipped in properly or if the wire is intact. Leaving it disconnected would likely cause the warning light ti stay on because of an open circuit.
The hood adjustments are to help with hood stability. If set to tall/tight, your hood latch may be being prevented from latching properly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts