Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am a new member and a new owner of a 2019 Pilot Touring AWD. I activated my trial HondaLink and WiFi but the remote start/stop does not show on the app on my phone. I can see miles to empty, doors locked, location. Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hello I am a new member and a new owner of a 2019 Pilot Touring AWD. I activated my trial HondaLink and WiFi but the remote start/stop does not show on the app on my phone. I can see miles to empty, doors locked, location. Anyone else have this problem?

I just saw a video on YouTube that says this feature is not available for Pilot at this time. Not cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
195 Posts
Confirmed with Honda.

From Twitter @HondaCustSvc:

Good afternoon. Thank you for your interest. That is correct, the 2019 Pilot is not remote start compatible with HondaLink. We can not speak to the reason for this incompatibility or if additional features will be added in the future. A complete list of compatible features can be found at the link below. ^WD

https://hondalink.honda.com/#/compatibility?year=2019&model=Pilot

·
Registered
63 Posts
It could be worse. The 2018 Pilots don't even have remote lock/unlock in Honda Link. As near as I can tell, the Honda Link for my 2018 Pilot Touring AWD has exactly the same pitiful features as my 2007 Acura TL-S.

Eleven years and zero progress. Is that lame or what?

·
Registered
128 Posts
It could be worse. The 2018 Pilots don't even have remote lock/unlock in Honda Link. As near as I can tell, the Honda Link for my 2018 Pilot Touring AWD has exactly the same pitiful features as my 2007 Acura TL-S.

Eleven years and zero progress. Is that lame or what?
So what can you do with Honda link on 2018 pilot?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well that is a bummer but at least I will not waste anymore time on it. Thanks for your comments

·
Registered
46 Posts
I thought remote start thro the Honda link app was a feature on the Pilot Touring. Did we get misled information or I read wrong?

·
Registered
195 Posts
I thought remote start thro the Honda link app was a feature on the Pilot Touring. Did we get misled information or I read wrong?

I think, like myself, you read any of the infinite google results that list the Pilot Touring and Elite as having HondaLink remote start capabilities. Honda did their usual with the pilot and decided to leave some very sorely needed features with the odyssey only.

·
Registered
399 Posts
So what can you do with Honda link on 2018 pilot?
the same thing you can do with the 2016 and 2017 pilot. NOTHING

hondalink is a joke and a waste of space and resources on your smartphone.

if honda says its not compatible with the 2019 then im surprised. i figured the reason why the new accord and new odyssey can do it was due to the ppdated infotainment and hardware that goes along with it--which the 2019 has. so if thats not the reason, there must be something else.

But yea really sad that hondalink was utter crap for the pilot from 2016-2018. hopefully honda gives more with an update for the 2019 because we all know they wont do crap for older years.

this day and age, we should be offered being able to remote start on the app with monitoring status and turning off, and control windows/moon roof. lock unlock doors.

could be worse though, mazda has promised android auto and apple car play 5-----yes 5 YEARS ago and still nothing official IIRC on any updates happening to add it for older vehicles.

·
Registered
1 Posts
3 dealers that I talked to all told me the pilot had the ability to remote start through the app.
Very disappointed now that I have the vehicle and it won't. Wish I had found this thread earlier.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is completely unacceptable. WHY would the 2019 Elite Pilot not be capable of Remote start from the app when the 2019 Honda Odyssey is. The tech in both is identical. My parents have the 2019 Odyssey Elite and when I setup their app the option showed up. I spent over an hour trying to figure out what I did wrong in setting up my Pilot as to why the option didn't show in my app. Seems awfully odd to me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got my 2019 Pilot Touring AWD yesterday and set it up with HondaLink and only the remote lock/unlock is available, the remote start does not show up. Does anyone know how much does it cost for the subscription after the trial expires in 3 months? Thanks

·
Registered
302 Posts
I got my 2019 Pilot Touring AWD yesterday and set it up with HondaLink and only the remote lock/unlock is available, the remote start does not show up. Does anyone know how much does it cost for the subscription after the trial expires in 3 months? Thanks

Remote Start is not available on the Pilot.

Here is the official HondaLink site with info and pricing:

HondaLink: Connectivity for Smart Phones and Honda Vehicles

·
Registered
2 Posts

Remote Start is not available on the Pilot.

Here is the official HondaLink site with info and pricing:

HondaLink: Connectivity for Smart Phones and Honda Vehicles
Thank you for the information and link to the pricing.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wow, unreal, I just got off the phone with HondaLink and she said the same thing, remote app start doesn't work on 2019 Honda Pilot. Its winter here in Maine people...Honda, get your act together. Me blowing my 90 day free trial during the winter months, with no remote app starter is B.S.!

Color me angry!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Wow, unreal, I just got off the phone with HondaLink and she said the same thing, remote app start doesn't work on 2019 Honda Pilot. Its winter here in Maine people...Honda, get your act together. Me blowing my 90 day free trial during the winter months, with no remote app starter is B.S.!

Color me angry!
What's the issue with remote staring it with the key fob?

·
Registered
27 Posts
What's the issue with remote staring it with the key fob?
No issue with key fob start, but if you are indoors, away from a window, far away from your vehicle, etc. you can't start with an app like most vehicles out there and like the Odyssey? For all this tech. to not have an app for remote start is just a big miss on Honda's part. :frown:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts