Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Overall the Pilot website is good. My big complaint with it (and most other automobile web sites) is that they don't show ALL auto colors in 360-degree view and ALL auto colors in video format. I can't imagine it would cost that much more to pull together. :)

·
Registered
991 Posts
colors don't match

The colors on both American and Honda Canada web site are wrong, they do not match the color of the car at all... I have a Havasu blue Pilot coming, and the color on the web page is about 5 times darker then the actual color

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Re: colors don't match

gopilot said:
The colors on both American and Honda Canada web site are wrong, they do not match the color of the car at all... I have a Havasu blue Pilot coming, and the color on the web page is about 5 times darker then the actual color
Yeah, I noticed that too. But I think that's a result of having taken pictures indoors. In the natural sunlight, even if it's cloudy out, the Havasu Blue still looks quite a bit lighter than pictured on the website.

I'm very pleased with my HB. I wanted to go with the gold color, but my wife picked the color and I thought perhaps it was a bit feminine at first, but the more I look at it, the better looking it gets :D And I still get second looks and glances from people with my HB Pilot. Around here parts, I still only saw one other Pilot on the road and it was SS.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Still waiting

Hi Riprock, still waiting for my HB! Was to be here this month, but with that stopage of the Pilot line in Ontario, I bet I dont get it for another month.. Heard it will start up Tuesday, so I just told my dealer to get a move on it, or I will order somewhere else, they have had three months and still no build date or vin#

(getting a little upset but thats ok)

Yeah, the Havasu does look nice, saw some pics where it was just waxed and it sure shines nice!! How is the Pilot treating you? How is the service at your Edmonton dealer? Are they fixing everything?

take care

Rob

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Re: Still waiting

gopilot said:
Hi Riprock, still waiting for my HB! Was to be here this month, but with that stopage of the Pilot line in Ontario, I bet I dont get it for another month.. Heard it will start up Tuesday, so I just told my dealer to get a move on it, or I will order somewhere else, they have had three months and still no build date or vin#
We were really lucky with our Pilot purchase. There was a Pilot on the lot which was assigned to another buyer, but the finances didn't pan through, so we ended up with it. I don't think people realized at the time, just how nice the HB Pilot looks. We were told by our sales rep that Gold was still the most popular color and there was a waiting list for that.
(getting a little upset but thats ok)
Trust me, no matter what color it is, it'll all be worth it.
Yeah, the Havasu does look nice, saw some pics where it was just waxed and it sure shines nice!! How is the Pilot treating you? How is the service at your Edmonton dealer? Are they fixing everything?
take care
Rob
Yes and No. They screwed up with the install of the deflector, so they ended up drilling 4 holes altogether instead of just the 2 which are needed. To make a long story short, they repainted my hood, but I'm not satisfied with the workmanship. So, they fixed it, sending the Pilot off to a bodyshop, but not to my level of satisfaction. But it's at least it's repainted.

If you have any family or friends in Edmonton who are considering a Honda, tell them to avoid Yellowhead Honda like the plague. They're nothing but bad news.

Let us know how your Pilot turns out. Have fun!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Re: colors don't match

gopilot said:
Gack, no kidding! I wanted a Sage Brush but my neighbor (who works for Honda) told me that all they had on the lot was a SandStone. Looking at the website, it looked urine yellow. Needless to say I wasn't too keen on it. He drove it to my house to prove me wrong, and boy did he ever. The next afternoon, the Pilot was back in my driveway for good :)

- Ben

·
Registered
84 Posts
The color you see when you pull up a digital photo depends to a large degree on your monitor and the video settings you have selected. 360 degree views and video wouldn't fix that. It's best to see the color with your own eyes on the car.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree to some extent, although I've found both my monitors (laptop and desktop) offer true representation of the colors. I'd still like to be able to view the videos and stills of all colors available as often as I like. I've found myself going to my local Honda dealer (just one in town) 6 or 7 times to see different colors as they come in, and sometimes to see how they look inside the showroom (shade) and in direct sunlight.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Get over it

It is impossible with today's technology to get accurate representations of color across the Internet. There are just too many variations in video cards and monitors. That is why every car company's web site has a nice big button that reads "please mail me a color brochure".

Even if you happen to have two computers which both deliver "true" colors (whatever that means) it is likely that those systems don't perfectly match the system that the web-site builder is using. They're tweaking the images to look "right" on their end, and unless you have a system that exactly matches theirs, and is adjusted in exactly the same way as theirs, the color is going to look different on your computer than it looks on theirs.

If you want more accurate colors, you'll have to get a print brochure. If you want to see the real color (I'll leave it to the philosophers to define what a "real" color is), you'll have to go the the dealer and see it first-hand.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Like I said, the colors I've seen on-screen and the colors I've seen at the dealership are the same. I just wish I could have saved trips to the dealership to see all the cars in action and in various lighting conditions. But then, they WANT you visiting the dealership as much as possible, don't they!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts