Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping somebody can answer this. Does Honda Care or Honda care if I go for 17" steel (OEM Honda) wheels on my 2017 Pilot? The sock options are 18", 19" and 20".

(I have tried Honda parts from a dealer and Honda warranty folks and am getting the run-around.)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Usually, a warranty can't be denied based on non OEM parts or aftermarket items installed by an owner.... as long as they don't cause an issue with warranty items / repairs.

If you put items on your car that are not intended / engineered for your vehicle (smaller wheels), and you have any type of suspension parts / frame parts issues, Honda can always come back and say your issues are due to the smaller wheels, that were never intended / engineered for your Pilot.

It would then be on you, to prove that your wheels were not the cause.... not Honda to prove otherwise. Honda isn't going to cover your vehicle, if you change the design / function. 17" wheels probably won't be an issue to your Pilot, but could get expensive if you have a warranty claim.

·
Registered
221 Posts
^^ agree 100%.

Your question is not very clear though.

Are you concerned that Honda might deny any/all warranty claims if you changed your wheels? Possible but not likely.

Or are you asking if Honda might deny a warranty claim specifically for a wheel/tire if you change them? Then yes, I would expect them to deny it as you're putting on a non-standard size. Doesn't matter that it's a Honda OEM wheel.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for pointing that out.
There is a bit more to my question though. I notice that a Honda dealer in Montreal is offering the 17" steel wheels winter package. It is not offered in US. I am trying read what that means in terms of my warranty. What if I were get the 17" wheels installed in Montreal and come back to the US?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Thanks for pointing that out.
There is a bit more to my question though. I notice that a Honda dealer in Montreal is offering the 17" steel wheels winter package. It is not offered in US. I am trying read what that means in terms of my warranty. What if I were get the 17" wheels installed in Montreal and come back to the US?
Not only are you looking to install a wheel/tire that is not a standard size for the vehicle but now you want to go to another country to get them? You can't be serious. And if you are, how do you even know if they will fit? Bolt pattern, backspace, caliper clearance, etc? And can you get a 17" tire that will maintain the same diameter of the tires/wheels that you have on the car now so that your speedometer and odometer aren't affected?

Common sense says just don't do it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts