Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

need input from you guys,

i have purchased VPP(72m/75kmiles)and Honda Care maint. plan(48m/48kmiles); as per details it covers everything from labor to maintenance oil changes etc for 48m, costing~4K for EXL-AWD.

i do see Sacucci Plans and they are totaling to half of this price, i added all plans..

can anyone pls share experience if these both offerings are equal and comparison is correct ?

thanks

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hey,

i have purchased VPP(72m/75kmiles)and Honda Care maint. plan(48m/48kmiles); as per details it covers everything from labor to maintenance oil changes etc for 48m, costing~4K for EXL-AWD.

i do see Sacucci Plans and they are totaling to half of this price, i added all plans..

can anyone pls share experience if these both offerings are equal and comparison is correct ?

thanks

Welcome to the Forum! Tons of help here from fellow Piloteers!

If it’s a “Honda” contract like Sacucci sells compared to your local dealer, the YES! All dealers have both Honda contracts; and 3rd Party contracts that have similar plans. Double check yours.

If it’s a new vehicle under 6000miles and I believe 4+/- months, you still have a chance to do it.

You would be paying upfront to Sacucci (or College Hills Honda - where I bought my warranty and others here on this forum).

If VPP was financed through Honda with the vehicle, you would still pay the same amount throughout the loan. A check will be made to you once the loan is paid off (contact them prior to payoff and keep all paperwork)

Also search the forums, there is a thread that has a lot of answers to your question.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Hey,

thanks
Same product no matter who you get it from so shop price. These are exclusionary contracts so make sure you read the fine print on what is NOT covered. There is a big ticket maintenance package due at 105k miles which can run over $1000 and most contracts don't cover it, so be aware. If you have a good mechanic or like DIY, it might pay to comparison shop.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had a word with Dealer. He is saying Saccucci is out of state so in my state it wi not cover..i dont think since its all over US, will call Saccucci tomorrow since they didnt pick up today..
Dealer is pushing hard on 3P ext warranty i dont understand why! 3yrs Honda provided should ne enough afaik.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I had a word with Dealer. He is saying Saccucci is out of state so in my state it wi not cover..i dont think since its all over US, will call Saccucci tomorrow since they didnt pick up today..
Dealer is pushing hard on 3P ext warranty i dont understand why! 3yrs Honda provided should ne enough afaik.
Your dealer is full of it! I’m in California and I purchased and used the same Honda warranty from College Hills Honda located in Ohio.

Dealer is scared to lose a ton of profit from his sale!

What a clown!!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your dealer is full of it! I’m in California and I purchased and used the same Honda warranty from College Hills Honda located in Ohio.

Dealer is scared to lose a ton of profit from his sale!

What a clown!!!!!
I am in CA, he is clearly not willing to let go this. Will update how it goes and concludes. I dont want to name shame them but they are clearly not on buyer side..

·
Registered
293 Posts
I am in CA, he is clearly not willing to let go this. Will update how it goes and concludes. I dont want to name shame them but they are clearly not on buyer side..
If anything you would have to talk to the finance person you signed with and ask them directly to cancel the warranty, not the sales person. Just tell them you don’t want it and don’t need it, ie might not want to keep the vehicle long term.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased Honda Care for several different Hondas from Curry Honda in Mass. and live in Maryland. I have had no issues using the warranty at all. I heard the same thing from the dealer I bought my last Pilot from.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If anything you would have to talk to the finance person you signed with and ask them directly to cancel the warranty, not the sales person. Just tell them you don’t want it and don’t need it, ie might not want to keep the vehicle long term.
thanks guys!

i have had this sorted now.. appreciate help of all you guys! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts