Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Honda V6 Misfire Codes

4976 Views 44 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Nail Grease
Ok, I could use a little advice.
A couple of weeks ago, my 2012 V6 Crosstour with 267k miles popped a P0304 Code, misfire cylinder 4. Checked fuel trims, Bank 2 fuel trims were way negative (lean) while Bank 1 was normal near -0+. So everything I read, figured I needed an injector. I decided to replace all the injectors while I was in there. After I replaced the injectors (Genuine Honda). It was improved, but I knew it still wasn't right. Today the scanner showed not only P0304 but P0300. Again, fuel trims for Bank 1 are normal, Bank 2 馃憥.
Where would you go from here.
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

Registered
Home of the 306k 2012 V6 Honda Crosstour
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Long take approx 20 minutes of consistent short calling for a change before it moves. 0 trim is what the veh was originally programmed for, ANY change is motor health/volumetric efficiency/sensor deviation/fuel formulation will change the trims. +/- 10 is very normal and isn't an issue. Your trims are always on the move, your going to go nuts trying to achieve zero.
Thanks. I just don't know that one bank being negative and the other more positive is a good thing.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
After another week, 16 days since fuel pump replacement and about 1k miles of driving, long term fuel trims are back near zero on both banks.
馃榿馃憤馃徎

Registered
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
If the one/same fuel pump feeds both banks, why should changing/replacing the fuel pump appear to have corrected an imbalance in the fuel trims between banks?
Good question. Engine was running noticeably smoother too. I was going to make the O2 sensor swap between both banks as suggested but found no need to do so. Maybe some carbon buildup was occurring with low fuel pressure. The change in pressure may have cleaned the valves. Just guessing.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.