Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
could someone explain exactly what is Honda True Certified?
Does that mean you can take it to any Honda Dealer for Honda Certified Warranty work or only the dealer you purchased it?
Thanks

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,872 Posts
"True Certified" is not the wording Honda North America uses to describe its CPO program. Honda CPO vehicles come with a 12 Mont bumper to bumper warranty and an extended powertrain warranty, honored under normal Honda Care provisions.

"Honda True" appears to be a program some dealers advertise that (in my opinion) looks like nothing more than upsell services on top of a CPO vehicle. Roadside assistance, satellite radio, etc. I would negotiate those extra services out and stick with the standard Honda CPO warranties if it were me. I'm sure the dealer will try to charge an extra couple thousand for "True".
Did you check the links above???

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,872 Posts
Honda, like all manufacturers, like to use pretty words for their various designations.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, very good information. Still confused a little, coworker picked up a honda certified Accord last week at the local Honda dealer which has a good reputation and he said they talked him into buy a extended warranty. He said they kept talking about how if the computer board and told him there was a couple on his vehicle went it the extended warranty would cover it and the boards could cost thousands of dollars. He said it made him nervous not to buy it so he did. Did not tell me how much he paid for it. I kept asking him why would he need it if it was Honda Certified. Any advice on this. thanks

·
Registered
443 Posts
You can still buy an extra Honda Care warranty extension on top of the warranty you get from the CPO program. In my experience they are not cheap! But it is your one shot to maximize your Honda Care coverage beyond the 12/12 and 7/100 you get from CPO.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks to everyone. Great info. If i understand correctly, you buy a CPO honda pilot then you can carry it to any honda dealer to have service work performed and it be convered under the warranty. Also, if you purchase a CPO pilot and for some reason one of the computer boards do go bad, is it covered under the CPO warranty, or is a seperate warranty needed to cover anything with the eletronics of the pilot. That was what my friend said he was told by the sales rep, which is why he purchased a seperate warrantly.

·
Registered
443 Posts
You are correct, the CPO warranty is Honda Care, good at any dealer nationwide. CPO gets you 12 months/12k miles of bumper to bumper coverage (or 24/24 if the car is less than a year old), and extra powertrain coverage. Sales guy will definitely try to sell you an buying extra bumper to bumper coverage, citing things like "electronics". Beyond the 12/12 is powertrain only. Whether you buy the extra is your choice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts