Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to a report posted today on the USToday.com web site American Honda will be recalling all 2003 Pilots because the engine mounts in several of the SUVs are showing severe stress and cracking. Owners are advised to contact their dealers within the next 48 hours to arrange for a inspection and leave their cars at the dealership for the next 30-45 days while new parts can be manufactured. Honda is considering reembursting owners of a rental vehicle while theirs is in the shop, but details have not been finalized as of this time.

For more information goto www.ustoday.com or www.gotcha.aprilfools.com.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
michaelp95 said:
According to a report posted today on the USToday.com web site American Honda will be recalling all 2003 Pilots because the engine mounts in several of the SUVs are showing severe stress and cracking. Owners are advised to contact their dealers within the next 48 hours to arrange for a inspection and leave their cars at the dealership for the next 30-45 days while new parts can be manufactured. Honda is considering reembursting owners of a rental vehicle while theirs is in the shop, but details have not been finalized as of this time.

For more information goto www.ustoday.com or www.gotcha.aprilfools.com.
I would have been disappointed if the day had gone by without one good April Fool!!!!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Perhaps the reason I should have given for the recall is simply too many people are enjoying their Pilots and too much time is spent obsessing over the vehicle and reading hondapilot.org :) hehe.

·
Registered
991 Posts
You had me swearing you bastard guy.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I was bout to S**t myself. That would have been both of the family vechiles..sheesh. Thank God I didn't see this till after the additional posts !!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Damn you!! Wait 'till my heart starts pumping again...

That was good...

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Jiaronnis said:
hee hee, good one!
did anyone get that one about the French sending 10K of its troops to support the Republican Guard?
I think the Republican guards are surrendering fast enough without any help....now we will need to feed 10K more POWs :D :D

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
YOU POOP!

YOU GOT ME TOO!
I WAS EVEN GETTING PI$$ED ABOUT WHAT KIND OF RENTAL MY FAMILY WOULD HAVE TO SQUEEZE INTO.

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
So, 74PILOTMOM, when is hubby getting the new toy??
CRF 250X

(sorry for the threaddrift - but I fugure this one is about dead anyway!!)

:)

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
CRF250

Hey Motorcyle Man! I just responded to you in another thread about GM depreciation. (Just sold my Park Ave)
Anyhoo-The hubby is all jazzed about the new CRF250, it's my new wallpaper :mad:
It doesn't come out until January I believe. At least that's when we'll finally be able to afford it.
PILOTDAD is a giant kid. I wonder if there's a forum for him and his future toy?

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
tim.s said:
Okay, April Fools Day is over. You might want to delete this thread or rename it. It's going to scare off all the new owners.
Yeah, tim.s. I agree. I keep noticing this thread is getting a lot of attention from the Guests (and is continuing to give heart attacks to some of our regulars)! :eek:

·
Registered
32 Posts
april fools...

you got me.....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Man did you ever get me!! I just purchased our Pilot for my wife on Sun. Mar. 30th. You had me thinking what did I get us into as we traded in a perfectly good Acura TL. :)

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
WELCOME!!!

Congratulations Mpressive....your taste is mpressive as well! I love the TL, and of course the Pilot! You'll love it!

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Re: CRF250

74PILOTMOM said:
Hey Motorcyle Man! I just responded to you in another thread about GM depreciation. (Just sold my Park Ave)
Anyhoo-The hubby is all jazzed about the new CRF250, it's my new wallpaper :mad:
It doesn't come out until January I believe. At least that's when we'll finally be able to afford it.
PILOTDAD is a giant kid. I wonder if there's a forum for him and his future toy?
Yes, I saw your note about what you sold the old PA for. I took quite a beating on my '99, but not as bad as some other GM lux cars (like the caddy).

The Honda site is stating Dec '03 (tentative) for the CRF250X. We were thinking about the CRF150F for our 15YO, but he ended up selling his little XR100 and buying his first pickup instead. He will inherit my NX250 eventually too.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts