Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad: There is a Dealership in the D/FW metroplex that has yet proven to me that they are "President Award Winning" dealership.I've presented the problems I've had that are present on this web site and even given the solutions and remedies the other members have given but to no avail."If it isn't on the honda tech line we can't do anything about it".What kinda of service is this??? It just makes me want to scream!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Service

I am truley amazed at the ignorant things the service "advisors" are telling there customers these days. The dealer I just took my Pilot to for the crunching sound in the window, actually told me that I should have taken my Pilot to the dealer I bought it from. The dealer I bought it from was an hour and a half away, because no one in our area had one. He told me that Honda pays them good money to check over the vehicle and it 's their responcibility to fix it. I was already unhappy that I had to take my $31,000 new honda to the service department, and then I get greeted by Mr. "I don't want to assist a non-Hoen Customer". He decided to check it, since they already booked an appointment and the shuttle was leaving in 10 minutes to take me to work. I called the service director and he was (or at least acted) stunned that an advisor would literally try to push a customer away. When I called to check the status, the advisor was Mr. "I just get scolded so I better be nice to the customer". Needless to say I won't be taking my Pilot back to them. Luckily there is another Honda dealership close to my work. It's important to let American Honda know what's going on in service, so they are aware of what's happening to THEIR customers. I called American honda and they made note of my complaint and the dealer it came from. If we all do this, Honda will make the necessary changes to correct the problem. I've seen other manufactures take action on this and affectively get things turned around in the serive department. Sorry for the lengthy message, but just wanted to share that we can make a difference if we just speak up.

·
Registered
509 Posts
So far, the Pilot is only 2 weeks old, and I haven't had any problems so far that have required me taking it in for service. However, I have been taking my Accord to the same service department for the past 4 1/2 yrs. and am very pleased with the level of service I receive. Unfortunately, I'm not aware of a similar Accord forum that provides with the the level of detailed information that I receive here, so I'm not as in the know about our Accord as I am the Pilot. By the way, does anyone know of a good Accord forum?

My experience with the service department on our Pilot has been excellent. When we went to pay for our Pilot it was raining outside, so we didn't get a good look to see if there were any dents in it. When we picked it up on Friday morning, the Service Manager came up and was talking to us. We noticed two small pings in the door panels, and he was immediately very apologetic that they weren't caught previous to delivery. He explained that they were rushing to try to have our Pilot prepared the same day it arrived since we had been waiting so long and needed it for the weekend, and he even had someone stay late to complete it. He said those things are normally caught prior to delivery and immediately indicated that they would be taken care of, as he had a dent guy come in every Monday. We made the appointment for the first Monday, and they did a great job.

Also, when I picked up the Pilot, as I drove away, I noticed that the cross bars were installed backwards, as I hit 35 mph and hear the wind noise. Turned right around, explained the problem and the fix. They didn't question me, took the Pilot right into the bay, and fixed the problem within a couple of minutes. Most shops probably would have wanted to test drive for the noise, and would easily dismiss my suggestion for the fix.

In fact, when I called to confirm the appointment for the dent removal, I told them I was also going to be making an appointment to have them install the auto day/night mirror, and the CD changer. He promptly asked me if I knew how to set-up the day night mirror, and explained that Honda didn't have the instructions for setting it up - only installing. I told him that a copy of the instructions were posted here in the forum and gave him the web site. Then I faxed some quick notes to him. They had installed the mirror for another customer, and couldn't get it to work, and the customer was getting upset. Imagine that - a Service department taking to the time to ask a customer how to fix something! That really made me feel great.

When we were talking to him after picking up the Pilot from the dent removal, he thanked us for the instructions, and explained that he faxed them to the customer and they worked like a charm. I was able to help make their customer happy for them, and they were going to hold on to the instructions so they knew how to do it in the future. He said he also was amazed with the amount of information on the Pilot here. I got the impression he would be visiting the site more frequently.

Too often, dealers are far too smug, and assume that the customer has no value add. In the case of the members at this site, if they maybe just take a chance to listen to what we have to say, then maybe they might even learn something they didn't know before.

For the record, the service department is Faulkner Honda, and the Service Manager is Frank Kaminski. I highly recommend them if you are from the area. If you're having a problem that you can't resolve, and you're in the area, I suggest that you at least give them the chance to see if they can help. I'm not sure if mentioning my name (Chris Graver) would help, but Frank knows us pretty well.

Damn - my true identity is out of the bag now!

I hope you start to receive a better level of service than you have been so far.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I just have a bad experience with Criswell Honda in Gaithersburg, MD. I took my Pilot in to make an appointment to get a rattle fix from the dashboard. The young service manager automatically put me on the defensive. He started by asking me if I have taken the dashboard apart. I told him no and have no reason to. He then asked who put in the Honda tow package. He said I did it myself. He further asked if I had gone under the dash to hook up the wire harness. I am furious at this time and told him the connection to the hitch wiring harness was already in the back and no messing around under the dash was needed. (He should have known this if he was half way knowledgeable). He then told me that I may have to pay $80 per hour if I tampered with the warranty. What a jerk. The first principal of running a good business is that the customers are always right until proven otherwise. Putting a customer in a defensive mode and playing 20 questions are bad business practice. I am scheduled to take the Pilot it next week and see what will happen.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Try another dealer

Then call Honda customer service.

Check the throttle cable bracket mentioned in other posts.
My dealer thought it was a dash rattle before I found the cause.

Search for "Buzz"

·
Registered
149 Posts
N-Jay, txs. I tab the dashboard with the palm of my hand and the dashboard does rattles. So it must be the dashboard not secure correctly.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Which Dealer in DFW?

We live in the DFW Metroplex and would really like to know which dealer is not listening to their customers.

·
Registered
664 Posts
For the record, the service department is Faulkner Honda, and the Service Manager is Frank Kaminski. I highly recommend them if you are from the area. If you're having a problem that you can't resolve, and you're in the area, I suggest that you at least give them the chance to see if they can help. I'm not sure if mentioning my name (Chris Graver) would help, but Frank knows us pretty well.
So I'm in the Harrisburg area and I think, hey I need to get this little ping looked at, so I stop at Faulkner Honda. I walk in and make sure I ask for Frank. He comes stolling out and I mention I'd like to get the Pilot looked at and he goes through the how is next Tuesday? So, I say well I know Chris Graves...after I come to and dislodge the keyboard from my right ear he says he's booked to the end of the year!

:2:

Yes, I 'm kidding there's no ping and the story is bogus but I couldn't resist. Faulkner has always done a good job for me as well whenever I needed to take my Hondas (or Toyotas) for service work. They don't have rentals available but do have a courtesy van and do a very good job of finding a convenient time to get you in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts