Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"In a J.D. Power's Sales Satisfaction Index this year, Honda dealerships scored below the industry average in providing a pleasing experience for auto shoppers. To handle Gen Y shoppers, Honda wants its salespeople to give them space, be respectful and avoid the hard sell."

The article deals mainly with the selling of the up-coming Element but the reference to sales satifaction is back to Honda's main sales.

http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content...=carnews&loc_code=index&content_code=00363950

I have to be honest, I thought my salesman was an A-#1 jerk. I'm not even sure he is still at the dealership. When they should have been going the extra mile to seal the deal on the biggest ticket item Honda sells he was playing the piddly games I expect to find at a GM dealership or Used car shop. They gained no loyalty from me on that part of the sale. Luckily their Service shop is EXCELLENT and will keep me there. I was also a little disappointed in my dealings with corporate and my District Rep. It just felt like I was being the bad guy for wanting my vehicle to be right. It's a good thing Honda quality shines through in the end!

So what did you think of YOUR experience?

·
Registered
991 Posts
I know EXACTLY what you are talking about.... My Honda dealer has been Awesome!, but my GMC dealer makes me feel the same way you do.. It's a Joke, especially when you still have warranty on a SUV that is costing me about 200.00 a week.

Honda has fixed everything that I complained about on my civics, and totally in reverse for the GMC (Garbage Made Car)jimmy my wife has,

I checked out that review on salesmen, and most of them no matter what company they work for are the same, sometimes you get Lucky and get a good one, but usually not.

But the service has been #1 at my Honda..

Have you seen the news on Saturn, they are giving customers a $2500 rebate on the" L series" , or 0% financing.. man, they must be hearting! But Isuzo might be getting hurt the worst, can't sell the Rodeo...

rob

·
Registered
408 Posts
I have the same problem but with the Business Mgr. AT my P.S. Honda in New York, After the sales person was so nice he try hard to help with the J...(I was traiding my 2000 accord) the guy offer me 12,800, I said I want 13000, two hundred dollars more, An the J... said, you know what: take you five hundred dollars deposit, we do not need to loose money with you, I'm sure somebody is ready to take that pilot (My Pilot) without bargain.

At the end I finish loosing extra 200 and paying MRSP. I waited two months for my truck, so I took it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've been wondering when the price-gouging and highhanded sales tactics of some Honda dealers was going to start biting them. On this and other forums I've seen some great dealers, but Honda Auto Center of Bellevue in Washington state is not one of them. When we bought our Ody they had us over the barrel and gouged away. I'm not going to buy our Pilot there and was turned off enough by Honda's permissive attitude towards price gouging by its dealers over the last couple of years that if it's close between the Pilot and a competitor, I'd rather give my money to a non-Honda dealer. I think this is a long term problem for Honda because there are a lot of Ody drivers out there who think they got screwed by the dealer markups on a popular vehicle and would rather not go to Honda on their next vehicle.

Unfortunately, the service department at this dealership is just as bad. One day they ran my car into a pole and instead of calling me they had one of those 24 hr mobile body shops come out and do the bodywork and painting without my consent! When I arrived to pick up the car they proudly showed me the bodywork and were expecting kudos. Of course the paint didn't match and they claimed biggest ding was preexisting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts