Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently purchased a 2021 Odyssey EX-L and Pilot Special Edition. I noticed on the Odyssey it has TSR and on the instrument cluster it will display the current speed limit when you pass a speed limit sign. On the Pilot I do not see an option for this and was curious if I may have just overlooked it or possibly it is not an option on the Pilot. I'm new to the forum and have tried to research this feature further and review the owner manual but have not had any specific luck. Thought someone here may be more well versed on the Honda Sensing features of the Pilot. Thanks!

·
Registered
2020 Honda Pilot Black Edition
87 Posts
I thought it's more of a feature of the Garmin Navigation in my 2020 Pilot BE as I see the speed limit at the lower left side of the screen. I want it off though, because my son keeps on bugging me I'm over the speed limit on one of our out of town trip..

·
Registered
253 Posts
Honda Sensing on the Pilot does not contain this feature.

·
Registered
2019 Pilot Elite
498 Posts
I just recently purchased a 2021 Odyssey EX-L and Pilot Special Edition. I noticed on the Odyssey it has TSR and on the instrument cluster it will display the current speed limit when you pass a speed limit sign. On the Pilot I do not see an option for this and was curious if I may have just overlooked it or possibly it is not an option on the Pilot. I'm new to the forum and have tried to research this feature further and review the owner manual but have not had any specific luck. Thought someone here may be more well versed on the Honda Sensing features of the Pilot. Thanks!
I wonder if its possible for a software flash or upgrade....

I'm interested.

·
Registered
253 Posts
BTW ... welcome to the forum! Your Ody also has low speed follow ACC not available on the Pilot. Common Honda Sensing complaints of Pilot owners include; ACC response, false CMBS/RDM warnings, LKAS lane wandering. How would you compare Honda Sensing performance between the Ody and the Pilot?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I believe it’s part of Garmin Navigation feature, and I remember seeing it on my 2016 Pilot a few years back when on highway. It was not a speed sign recognition though as I noticed the actual sign changed before it showed up on the Garmin map. Didn’t pay much attention on this lately as I don’t drive as much.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I believe it’s part of Garmin Navigation feature, and I remember seeing it on my 2016 Pilot a few years back when on highway. It was not a speed sign recognition though as I noticed the actual sign changed before it showed up on the Garmin map. Didn’t pay much attention on this lately as I don’t drive as much.
The speed limit info displayed in the lower, left-hand corner of the Garmin navigation system is based on map data. This is different from TSR (Traffic Sign Recognition) which reads traffic signs using the multi-purpose "Honda Sensing" camera in some Honda models.

On the RDX, the speed limit is based on map data, but displays in the instrument cluster and head-up display like it does on the Accord which read speed limits signs rather than using map data. My two Mazdas display speed based on map data and camera recognition - normally, map data is used unless it is missing or conflict with a sign-recognized speed in which case the latter will be displayed.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Oops, didn’t mean to say that was TSR system, instead this speed limit was in the Garmin map. Thanks for clarifying.

·
Registered
105 Posts
BTW ... welcome to the forum! Your Ody also has low speed follow ACC not available on the Pilot. Common Honda Sensing complaints of Pilot owners include; ACC response, false CMBS/RDM warnings, LKAS lane wandering. How would you compare Honda Sensing performance between the Ody and the Pilot?
I have a 19 crv and a 19 accord and the Honda sensing is significantly better than the pilot software.

·
Registered
306 Posts
The 2021 Accord is further improved.

"For 2021, ACC now has smoother braking when following another vehicle, while LKAS offers more effective and natural lane centering."

Hopefully, these improvements will spread to other models. Each of the Hondas I've owned with LKAS ('16 CR-V, '17 Ridgeline, '18 Accord, '19 RDX, '19 Ridgeline), slowly weaved from side-to-side as bad as a drunk driver. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts