Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For the most part I'm very happy with Honda Sensing. LKAS works great and is super useful in long tripst. But I have a question about ACC and CMBS and want to make sure this is just the way they work and not just an issue with my car:
  • CMBS - The owners manual already indicates that in certain conditions it can pick up cars that are coming in the opposite direction. This happens to me quite frequently when driving in narrow roads: sometimes it only shows the warning in the gauge cluster, but others gets to even beep. I assume this is normal, but I'm concerned that one of these days the car is going to slam on the breaks thinking I'm about to crash. Any thoughts? My hope is that by the point the incoming car is so close that my Pilot would typically enable the brakes, by then it's already out of the field of "vision" of the CMBS. As of today, it has never gone past Stage 1 by mistake though (i.e. never enabled the brakes by mistake).
  • ACC - The way my Pilot identifies there's a car ahead (you go from that dotted shaped of a car to a full picture in the gauge cluster) seems pretty inconsistent. In the same good-weather conditions, road, and within a span of minutes, sometimes it detects the car in front of me when it's pretty far, and others let's it get WAY too close before detecting it, to the point that it needs to hit on the brakes because the car in front of mine is much closer than the distance I have configured to keep. I have also noticed that when there's a car at a distance I think the Pilot should have seen it (but hasn't), if I disable ACC for a split second and enable it again, THEN it identifies the car.
Is what I describe above the normal behavior to be expected?

·
Registered
3 Posts
also, even when working as designed, I feel the braking is too jerky for my liking - I can do it manually much smoother - why can't the robot?

On longer road trips, I find myself setting it on 4 car lengths, and as soon as it detects, I move it to 3 or 2 car lengths... this simulates a smoother braking process

Hope Honda fixes this with an update

·
Registered
253 Posts
I see similar performance from CMBS and ACC. I have a 2019 Pilot with the full Honda sensing/driver assistance suite and a 2019 RL Sport with no Honda sensing. The only HS feature I miss on the RL is the blind spot/cross traffic monitor.

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
857 Posts
I only use the ACC and LKAS on the highway on longer trips. On 2 lane roads, I was getting occasional warnings on curves and also due to the lack of shoulder markings on the road, the LKAS would not activate so I just turn it off. It has always worked well on the highway though and never felt jerky.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts