Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are Honda's really all that reliable compared to say Toyotas and newer Hyundai's? My extended family have run Camrys and Siennas forever. Most get 200k+ with nothing but basic maintenance.

My dad's 89 Civic went well over 200k and was working great until he was T-boned, but quality in the 90s and 00s seem to be better for most manufacturers than today.

We just had our trans go out at under 20k on our 2017 Pilot and after my wife posted about her frustrations on social media she had tons of people mention major problems with theirs.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Are Honda's really all that reliable compared to say Toyotas and newer Hyundai's? My extended family have run Camrys and Siennas forever. Most get 200k+ with nothing but basic maintenance.

My dad's 89 Civic went well over 200k and was working great until he was T-boned, but quality in the 90s and 00s seem to be better for most manufacturers than today.

We just had our trans go out at under 20k on our 2017 Pilot and after my wife posted about her frustrations on social media she had tons of people mention major problems with theirs.

Thoughts?
No manufacturer is an exception from problems. Honda included.. Toyota, Hyundai, Nissan all have there problems. Today's vehicles are not the same as a 10 year old version of it's predecessor. Unfortunately the quality has gone down in all manufacturers.. cost is going up and therefore corners are cut..

The biggest question is which problem would you prefer to have? A personally say a Honda has less issues than others..

Side note: your transmission was it the dreadful 9 speed?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Honda is cutting cost left, right, and center. Consequences? You felt them. They are looking hard for ways to make cars non-repairable outside of the dealer too.
But your tranny should be under warranty, so they shot themselves in the foot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
can
Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums
Piloteers.org forum community offers tech info, troubleshooting, modification DIY’s and discussion for the Honda Pilot SUV.
Full Forum Listing