Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

A/C Expense Refund from Honda?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in your thoughts. My 2016 pilot required $2,400 A/C replacement which seems unusual given it is less than 4 yrs old. Would you expect that an automobile manufacturer should refund part of the expense? Appreciate collective input. Please reply yes or no, I will include the vote tally in my correspondence with Honda and keep you all posted
Thanks

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Unless things have changed the Honda standard warranty is 3yr/36k and you’re past that. If you opted for an extended warranty it could be a covered item. Based on the repair charges it seems the compressor, drier and condenser were replaced?

·
Registered
2008 Pilot EX-L
293 Posts
Unless things have changed the Honda standard warranty is 3yr/36k and you’re past that. If you opted for an extended warranty it could be a covered item. Based on the repair charges it seems the compressor, drier and condenser were replaced?
I realize warranties. This car is only Four years old, in no way should this issue come up.
They should give some good will for this type of issue.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I sympathize with your situation but Honda is not obligated to refund your charges for out of warranty work. You might ask for some "goodwill" or a partial discount but it would be up to the dealer to accomodate you.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Honda corporate does not give refunds on work performed. You need to call them before work is performed and request a warranty concession. If approved, then the dealer can bill Honda for part or all of the warranty repair.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I am interested in your thoughts. My 2016 pilot required $2,400 A/C replacement which seems unusual given it is less than 4 yrs old. Would you expect that an automobile manufacturer should refund part of the expense? Appreciate collective input. Please reply yes or no, I will include the vote tally in my correspondence with Honda and keep you all posted
Thanks
Holy crap ... did you get multiple quotes?

$2400 is a lot!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts