Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received this notification via Gas Buddy, an app that I use to log all of my fuel usage. I know my 2019 Pilot Touring has Continental tires in the 20 inch size. I don't know what brand any other models with a different size have from the factory.

TIRES
March 10th, 2021
Overcured tires may develop a break in the sidewall, resulting in sudden air loss or belt edge separation, which could lead to tread/belt loss. Either condition can cause a loss of vehicle control, increasing the risk of a crash or injury.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 21V165000
Components: TIRES
Summary
Honda (American Honda Motor Co.) is recalling certain 2019-2020 Passport and Pilot vehicles equipped with Continental tires. On the affected vehicles, it is possible that one or more tires were cured for too long during tire production.
Remedy
Honda will notify owners, and dealers will inspect all four tires and replace them as necessary, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin April 19, 2021. Owners may contact American Honda Motor Co. customer service at 1-888-234-2138. Honda's number for this recall is UA2.
Notes
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.

Registered
Looks like some Honda owners are going to get a new set of tires!
To bad if you already replaced your tires. That is unless you happened to of slapped on a set of High Performance Sumitomo HTR A/S P03s!
馃槂馃榿馃槀馃ぃ

Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
This thread has the Recall notice and the list of all of the tires being recalled:

Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
Anyone wanna try to do a burnout in their Pilot before getting their tires replaced?
Wouldn鈥檛 recommend that. I鈥檓 sure they鈥檒l be looking for any reason to claim they don鈥檛 have to replace the tires.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This thread has the Recall notice and the list of all of the tires being recalled:

Thanks. I had looked on the first page to see if anything had been posted yet but didn't see this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts