High Desert - Victorville area

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
So Cal

High Desert - Victorville area

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Hey same here! Apple Valley! I have a 2011 :) I would love to compare how mine rides with someone elses...to me, it seems to float around a bit on dips but I'm not sure if that's normal or not. We just bought it 3 days ago with 69k miles on it and I would think the suspension should still be good....

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm in LA.

I have a Mazda CX-7 that has been my daily driver for the last 8-9 years, 137,000 perfect miles. Love that car.

I got an '09 Pilot last summer, 93k miles. The Pilot is comfy and spacious but the suspension/feedback to me feels a lot less direct and sharp compared to my Mazda. I sorta wondered if it had an issue, it sorta floats over bigger bumps, like you said; that isn't a bad description. I think it is normal, just the way this car drives, but it stood out to me because I was used to driving a smaller, lighter and quicker car. The Pilot is also much taller. I notice this particularly when I wash it, since I can easily reach halfway across the roof of my Mazda without reaching (I'm 6' 4") but I need a stool to wash the roof of my Pilot.

I notice a difference in driving dynamics when I'm alone compared to when I have 7 other people with me, too, which is another reason I figured it's mostly the driving dynamics of the vehicle, but not a problem.

So what are you used to driving every day?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Richmond in the SF Bay Area -- just brought home my new 2018 Pilot EX AWD today! I'll be looking for roof rails and racks, Honda tow hitch and electrics, full rubber mats as I tow, launch and row/sail small wooden boats.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts