Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honda Pilot won’t start wife stuck!
Please help I’m out of state and my wife pretty much abandoned our car it’s a 2005 Pilot she was out and stopped at 711 got back in the car it wouldn’t crank or anything, Someone tried to jump it and nothing I attached a video any help would be amazing as she just left it somewhere and I’m out of state.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She got someone to help and it started they put the shifter in drive them back in park at it started but the drive light stays solid for a period of time and the speedometer occasionally jumped to 30mph I posted a video any ideas? Maybe neutral safety switch??

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
best guess...assuming battery is OK, failed starter motor.
that’s what I originally thought but her brother came out to help put it in drive and park then it started. Unfortunately whatever it is it’s intermittent so that’s not good

·
Registered
5,621 Posts

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
when my neutral safety switch failed it did the same as the video there is a work around for it till you get back ..

foot on the brake turn key to the on position shift all the way down through the gears and back to park.. take foot off brake and turn on pilot

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
2,958 Posts
I’m thinking it’s the transmission range switch. When the Pilot is in this faulty state listen if the starter relay clicks. If the relay isn’t clicking then it’s likely not getting energized since the range switch doesn’t think it’s in park or neutral.

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
transmission range switch = neutral safety switch :p yes the SM does call it the transmission range switch

1 - 10 of 10 Posts