Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought honda pilot Touring 2019 about a year ago, it was smooth and happy riding. Lately, I am experiencing crackling noise coming from speaker or front side ( not sure where it is coming from- my son thinks it's coming form speaker ) and dashboard that displays all information about vehicle shut down while I was driving. I have recorded the video of this I took it Honda Dealer to have this issue fixed. First time, they just reset the electronic system. Display worked for few days but crackling noise was still there. I took it again, they replaced honda part ( HP78100-TG7-AK2 ). Dashboard seems to be working however crackling noise is still there. Is it known problem, if so why Honda is not recalling? . I have driven honda for last 22 years, now with this incident. I am losing my confidence to drive honda. I would like to return the vehicle and get my money back. I heard of Lemon Law that protects customer just for this? Does anybody encouter same issue or I got defective vehicle?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Why are they not Recalling? Because they don't have a fix for the problem as of yet.

·
Registered
26 Posts
This is why you get an extended warranty, HP78100-TG7-AK2 is the gauge cluster. If this goes out in 20 years you might not even be able to get the part, one of the drawbacks of digital everything.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I bought honda pilot Touring 2019 about a year ago, it was smooth and happy riding. Lately, I am experiencing crackling noise coming from speaker or front side ( not sure where it is coming from- my son thinks it's coming form speaker ) and dashboard that displays all information about vehicle shut down while I was driving. I have recorded the video of this I took it Honda Dealer to have this issue fixed. First time, they just reset the electronic system. Display worked for few days but crackling noise was still there. I took it again, they replaced honda part ( HP78100-TG7-AK2 ). Dashboard seems to be working however crackling noise is still there. Is it known problem, if so why Honda is not recalling? . I have driven honda for last 22 years, now with this incident. I am losing my confidence to drive honda. I would like to return the vehicle and get my money back. I heard of Lemon Law that protects customer just for this? Does anybody encouter same issue or I got defective vehicle?
Yes they have 3 chances to fix it

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2019 Pilot has been in the shop twice for the same type of issue. They told me it was interference with the DVD player. The first time they rerouted some wires and it stopped for about a month. Second time they rerouted some other wires and so far so good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts