Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) :( hello guys, just purchased a honda pilot exl with dvd. somehow after looking at the back, saw the jack and the tire wrench with the tool for the jack. but no tool kit like screwdriver, small metric wrench or anything. is this normal? my honda civic i purchased 6 months ago had one besides the usual jack and tools. where can i find it?:confused:

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:mad: c'mon guys, does it have a tool kit or not? the dealers says it did not come with it. a short answer would be yes or no?

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Mine did not come with any tools or toolkit -- I have not heard anything about the Pilots coming with such a toolkit, nor have I read anything in the owner's manual about it...

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:) thanks for the reply, i guess it did not come with it then huh! like you said looked in my manual too but the civic that i own has it. so, just surprised that for $33,000 it does not have tool kit. hmm.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
What kind of tools were in the Civic toolkit? were they standard tools that you could pick up at Home Depot or were they special tools made specifically for the Civic? Also, is there really a Chicago, Michigan?????? :p

·
Registered
900 Posts
Nope sblvro, never heard of one or saw one, or saw it mentioned here on honda-pilot.org. We'd love to add your VIN to the table.. see link in my signature below.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:D just added my vin number, and yes chicagoan currently in michigan

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
;) updated my profile, see?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Now i am wondering why i am not having any tool kit with my civic ..?:(

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
lalit said:
Now i am wondering why i am not having any tool kit with my civic ..?:(
My '98 Civic EX sure didn't come with a tool kit! Could it be a later Honda goodie?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Tool kit

Take the tool kit from the Civic and put it in the Pilot... Viola...a toolkit for the Pilot... :)

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:( called several dealers, i guess they do not provide a tool kit for the pilot:(

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
sblvro said:
:( called several dealers, i guess they do not provide a tool kit for the pilot:(

welcome aboard sblvro ....
was the civic tool kit integrated in it...or something the dealer might have forgotten in there??

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Re: Tool kit

rdy2tk3 said:
Take the tool kit from the Civic and put it in the Pilot... Viola...a toolkit for the Pilot... :)
rdy2tk3, you might only have 6 posts right now, but this one is a winner!

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:D see thats a good idea but I have several cars and would not like to buy tools for each one of them, you know. no more smart*** comment please

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
sblvro said:
:D see thats a good idea but I have several cars and would not like to buy tools for each one of them, you know. no more smart*** comment please
Relax, sblvro, it was meant just as a humorous comment. The board members here often submit posts containing a little humor and good-natured kidding....

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Ouch, that's twice you've flogged us. Once for replying to slow or not being certain.
sblvro said:
:mad: c'mon guys, does it have a tool kit or not? the dealers says it did not come with it. a short answer would be yes or no?
And once for replying too much.
sblvro said:
No one here is a certified expert, so you have to take the good with the bad...and the humerous.:2:

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:eek: sorry my bad! I guess just too excited about my pilot purchase:)

·
Registered
393 Posts
sblvro said:
Hey sblvro, if the Pilot did come with a tool kit (which it doesn't), what would you actually expect to be able to fix with it. These cars are so electronically controlled and tightly packed, it would be tough to rig up a new fuel line or jerry rig the carburator to stay open on those old Chevys or something. Maybe a screwdriver might help you if you threw a belt or something, but that would be about it. JUmper cables are a must though.

That's what the Honda Care roadside assistance is for these days. Kind of humbling actually.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:) well, you guys are all very helpful and thank you! So, just went back to the dealer today and said gimme a tool kit!!! and they gave me one:D

1 - 20 of 41 Posts