Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Honda Pilot secret features - tricks

48K views 44 replies 13 participants last post by  plplplpl 
#1 ·
Post some secret, hidden, unknown features and tips here.

#7 ·
On 1st gens anyway, if you don't open a door after turning off the ignition and even pulling the key out, the window and moonroof controls are still operational for 10 minutes.

#9 ·
As a longtime Honda owner I can't tell you how many times this "feature" has pissed me off when I run out of the house to get something knowing I had unlocked the car earlier. On more than one occasion I've been steps away from the vehicle and I hear it lock. Of course I don't have the key as I just hit the button from the keyholder.

#19 ·
2017 EX-L has a 'walk away lock' which can be activated or deactivated on your screen.
How to set-up Walk Away Auto Lock
  1. Press home on your display screen which is located on the top left portion of the screen right below the green power button.
  2. Press settings.
  3. Now select vehicle.
  4. Select keyless access setup.
  5. press walk away auto lock.
  6. Select enable.
  7. Then finally press OK.

It is on 2016 & 2017 Honda's

#10 ·
I would like it if there was a stealth mode. I don't like it when my head lights, mirror lights, door lights or lights in the cabin come on when I kill the engine. I dislike the tailgate beep when I open and close it.

#16 ·
We have had women complain about their purse being stolen from their UNLOCKED CAR!
We have had people reporting that their hand gun was stolen from their UNLOCKED CAR!

There isn't a face palm meme big enough for that kind of stupidity. It is its own special kind of stupidity to leave those kinds of things in a vehicle, especially an unlocked vehicle. I to have OCD when it comes to locking my vehicle which is why I like the walk away feature. The little beep means the mobile kingdom is safe and the thieves, at least in this area, will move along to easier pickings.

#22 ·
Even quicker R.T.F.M. In the 2020 Passport owners manual the instructions with pictures is on page 601 for changing the battery in the key fob. Right after the pages on Battery maintenance and charging.

If you don't have the full manual for your vehicle you can go to Honda Owners Site | Tips, Tools & Benefits for Honda Owners, put in your vin and download the full PDF version. If you have a new vehicle for 6 months or less you can order all of the manuals in paper for free.

#24 ·
Okay, I found these older posts from this site. Maybe you can reach out to the commenter:

tpao6spd Posts: 4
November 2009
My 08 EX-L with navi just started to do auto lock on its own. When you turn the ignition to on, the doors would lock; turn it off, they unlock. I have no idea how this got started. One other thing is the horn will do a short honk whenever I start the car. It's pretty annoying. I thought it might be the battery going dead, but the green light is still on the battery and the voltage is showing 12.8 volt. I cannot find anywhere in the manual or quick start guide talking about this auto lock feature, but I have it now.

Check out this thread from years ago.

#28 ·
#32 ·

Program doors to unlock when you turn the car off

• 1. Close the driver’s door. Put the shift lever in Park and turn the ignition into the On (II) position.
  • 2. While pressing the brake, move the shift lever out of Park.
  • 3. Press and hold the unlock side of the master locks switch for approximately 10 seconds. In that time, you will hear three clicks.
  • 4. Within five seconds, turn the ignition to the lock (0) position.

Program doors to unlock when you shift into Park

• 1. Close the driver’s door and shift the vehicle into Park.
  • 2. Turn the ignition to On (II), then press and hold the unlock side of the master lock switch for approximately 10 seconds. You will hear three clicks.
  • 3. Within five seconds, turn the ignition to the Lock position.

Program doors to lock when you reach 9 mph

• 1. Close the driver’s door and put the shifter in Park. Turn the ignition to the On (II) position.
  • 2. While pressing on the brake, move the shifter out of Park.
  • 3. Then, press and hold the lock side of the master lock switch for about five seconds until you hear two clicks.
  • 4. Within five seconds, turn the ignition to the Lock position.

Program all doors to lock when you shift out of Park

• 1. Close the driver’s door and put the car in Park.
  • 2. Turn the ignition to the On (II) position.
  • 3. Press and hold the lock side of the master lock switch for five seconds until you hear two clicks.

Turn off Auto Unlock

• 1. Open the driver’s door and put the shifter in Park.
  • 2. Turn the ignition to On (II).
  • 3. Press and hold the unlock side of the master lock switch for five seconds until you hear two clicks.

Turn off Auto Lock

• 1. Open the driver’s door and put the shifter in Park.
  • 2. Turn the ignition to On (II).
  • 3. Press and hold the lock side of the master lock for about five seconds until you hear two clicks.

Program driver’s door to unlock when you shift into park

• 1. Close the driver’s door. Put the shift lever in Park.
  • 2. Turn the ignition to the On (II) position.
  • 3. Press and hold the lock side of the master lock switch for about five seconds – you will hear two clicks.

Program driver’s door to unlock when you turn the car off

• 1. Close the driver’s door. Put the shift lever n Park. Turn the ignition to the On (II) position.
  • 2. While pressing the brake, move the shifter out of Park.
  • 3. Press and hold the lock side of the master lock switch for about five seconds – you will hear two clicks.
  • 4. Within five seconds, turn the ignition to the Lock position

#45 ·
But as soon as the e brake is released, the DRLs come on, so you can't really move it. But for warming up while camping in chilly weather, or recharging your dead phone discreetly, I can see the use.

But I've "solved" that problem by deleting my DRLs, albeit somewhat unintentionally, by installing high beam 9005 LEDs that don't accept the half voltage that normally makes them do double duty as DRLs.

Now I'm ready for stakeouts, even the stealth moving kind. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.