Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts
Even quicker R.T.F.M. In the 2020 Passport owners manual the instructions with pictures is on page 601 for changing the battery in the key fob. Right after the pages on Battery maintenance and charging.

If you don't have the full manual for your vehicle you can go to Honda Owners Site | Tips, Tools & Benefits for Honda Owners, put in your vin and download the full PDF version. If you have a new vehicle for 6 months or less you can order all of the manuals in paper for free.

Think my Pilot locks the doors automatically while parked after unlocking with the remote over a period of time with no activity.
2004 Pilot EX 280,000 miles
OMG! Yes! Me too. In fact sometimes it will lock all by itself about 5 seconds after I get in the car. Or, I hear the sound of it locking when my keys are just sitting on the counter. Spent about an hour at the gas station one night, when the wind blew my driverā€™s side door shut while pumping gas. As I quickly reached for the door, I heard the thump of all the doors locking by itself....with my keys, phone and purse sitting on the seat. No money, no phone (numbers!) and no keys...as my car took up space in front of the pump.
Since then I have replaced both key fobsā€™ batteries, and cleaned the buttons etc on the fob. Still happens.
Have owned the car for ages and this just started happening about 6 months ago. Now I have to have my keys on me at all times lest I get locked out again. Total PITA! Oh yes...the car alarm also chooses to randomly go off from time to time when I get in the car and the thing locks itself. Not great as I leave for work at 4AM! Donā€™t think it makes me a favorite in the neighborhood!
Hoping for some words of wisdom!!

Okay, I found these older posts from this site. Maybe you can reach out to the commenter:

tpao6spd Posts: 4
November 2009
My 08 EX-L with navi just started to do auto lock on its own. When you turn the ignition to on, the doors would lock; turn it off, they unlock. I have no idea how this got started. One other thing is the horn will do a short honk whenever I start the car. It's pretty annoying. I thought it might be the battery going dead, but the green light is still on the battery and the voltage is showing 12.8 volt. I cannot find anywhere in the manual or quick start guide talking about this auto lock feature, but I have it now.

Check out this thread from years ago.

Okay, I found these older posts from this site. Maybe you can reach out to the commenter:

tpao6spd Posts: 4
November 2009
My 08 EX-L with navi just started to do auto lock on its own. When you turn the ignition to on, the doors would lock; turn it off, they unlock. I have no idea how this got started. One other thing is the horn will do a short honk whenever I start the car. It's pretty annoying. I thought it might be the battery going dead, but the green light is still on the battery and the voltage is showing 12.8 volt. I cannot find anywhere in the manual or quick start guide talking about this auto lock feature, but I have it now.

Check out this thread from years ago.

Or this URL .....https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080424115926AAIOPRO&guccounter=1

Discussion starter · #32 ·

Program doors to unlock when you turn the car off

• 1. Close the driverā€™s door. Put the shift lever in Park and turn the ignition into the On (II) position.
  • 2. While pressing the brake, move the shift lever out of Park.
  • 3. Press and hold the unlock side of the master locks switch for approximately 10 seconds. In that time, you will hear three clicks.
  • 4. Within five seconds, turn the ignition to the lock (0) position.

Program doors to unlock when you shift into Park

• 1. Close the driverā€™s door and shift the vehicle into Park.
  • 2. Turn the ignition to On (II), then press and hold the unlock side of the master lock switch for approximately 10 seconds. You will hear three clicks.
  • 3. Within five seconds, turn the ignition to the Lock position.

Program doors to lock when you reach 9 mph

• 1. Close the driverā€™s door and put the shifter in Park. Turn the ignition to the On (II) position.
  • 2. While pressing on the brake, move the shifter out of Park.
  • 3. Then, press and hold the lock side of the master lock switch for about five seconds until you hear two clicks.
  • 4. Within five seconds, turn the ignition to the Lock position.

Program all doors to lock when you shift out of Park

• 1. Close the driverā€™s door and put the car in Park.
  • 2. Turn the ignition to the On (II) position.
  • 3. Press and hold the lock side of the master lock switch for five seconds until you hear two clicks.

Turn off Auto Unlock

• 1. Open the driverā€™s door and put the shifter in Park.
  • 2. Turn the ignition to On (II).
  • 3. Press and hold the unlock side of the master lock switch for five seconds until you hear two clicks.

Turn off Auto Lock

• 1. Open the driverā€™s door and put the shifter in Park.
  • 2. Turn the ignition to On (II).
  • 3. Press and hold the lock side of the master lock for about five seconds until you hear two clicks.

Program driverā€™s door to unlock when you shift into park

• 1. Close the driverā€™s door. Put the shift lever in Park.
  • 2. Turn the ignition to the On (II) position.
  • 3. Press and hold the lock side of the master lock switch for about five seconds ā€“ you will hear two clicks.

Program driverā€™s door to unlock when you turn the car off

• 1. Close the driverā€™s door. Put the shift lever n Park. Turn the ignition to the On (II) position.
  • 2. While pressing the brake, move the shifter out of Park.
  • 3. Press and hold the lock side of the master lock switch for about five seconds ā€“ you will hear two clicks.
  • 4. Within five seconds, turn the ignition to the Lock position

If you press the in lock button and hold on the 2nd press, everything opens part way. Press and hold again and they open all the way. To close everything, open your fob and insert the key in the door handle and turn.
I was all excited to go try this out. Then I felt so let down when it didn't work on my first generation. Welp. :(

21 - 40 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.