1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
1,456 Posts

Tailgate limiter
Liftgate limiter
5th door height limiter
Good if you have certain models of the CRV or the Odyssey, but I do not believe that the Pilots have this feature. The Passports do not.

·
Registered
4,150 Posts

All windows open by remote
All windows and moonroof open by remote
Too bad this doesn't work on first generation (2003-2008) Pilots. :(

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
On 1st gens anyway, if you don't open a door after turning off the ignition and even pulling the key out, the window and moonroof controls are still operational for 10 minutes.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Think my Pilot locks the doors automatically while parked after unlocking with the remote over a period of time with no activity.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Think my Pilot locks the doors automatically while parked after unlocking with the remote over a period of time with no activity.
As a longtime Honda owner I can't tell you how many times this "feature" has pissed me off when I run out of the house to get something knowing I had unlocked the car earlier. On more than one occasion I've been steps away from the vehicle and I hear it lock. Of course I don't have the key as I just hit the button from the keyholder.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I would like it if there was a stealth mode. I don't like it when my head lights, mirror lights, door lights or lights in the cabin come on when I kill the engine. I dislike the tailgate beep when I open and close it.

·
Registered
2004 Pilot EX-L
281 Posts
As a longtime Honda owner I can't tell you how many times this "feature" has pissed me off when I run out of the house to get something knowing I had unlocked the car earlier. On more than one occasion I've been steps away from the vehicle and I hear it lock. Of course I don't have the key as I just hit the button from the keyholder.
THIS! I've never had a car that does this until now, and it's annoying. I wish there was a way to deactivate it, or at least increase the delay by another minute or two.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I also very much dislike the loud alarm when I walk away from the vehicle, with the engine running, with the key fob in my pocket.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I would like it if there was a stealth mode. I don't like it when my head lights, mirror lights, door lights or lights in the cabin come on when I kill the engine. I dislike the tailgate beep when I open and close it.
No problem, with your vehicle buying habits you will have this feature in about 2029 or so as with the 2020 Pilots and Passports you can modify those things to your liking. They are features on the Touring and Elite model only though. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
THIS! I've never had a car that does this until now, and it's annoying. I wish there was a way to deactivate it, or at least increase the delay by another minute or two.
I'll bet not nearly as annoyed as you would be if your vehicle was gone through overnight and your Best of Bread CD gets stolen.

We have a thing here on line called Nextdoor and you would not believe the number of people that complain about their car being gone through. I get it, those people are thieves, BUT if you have a garage clean it enough to put your car in it over night and if you must leave it outside LOCK IT! It is very rare that anyone has a car broken into around here, the criminals just pick up stuff from the many unlocked cars.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I'll bet not nearly as annoyed as you would be if your vehicle was gone through overnight and your Best of Bread CD gets stolen.

We have a thing here on line called Nextdoor and you would not believe the number of people that complain about their car being gone through. I get it, those people are thieves, BUT if you have a garage clean it enough to put your car in it over night and if you must leave it outside LOCK IT! It is very rare that anyone has a car broken into around here, the criminals just pick up stuff from the many unlocked cars.
1. My vehicle is garage kept so I'm not worried about that.
2. The Sonata, which sits out on the street, gets a lock check every evening. I am OCD about it.
3. I leave very little of value in any of my vehicles from years of parking in the Baltimore. What little I leave is never visible. Don't give the onlooker a reason to break in.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
We have had women complain about their purse being stolen from their UNLOCKED CAR!
We have had people reporting that their hand gun was stolen from their UNLOCKED CAR!

There isn't a face palm meme big enough for that kind of stupidity. It is its own special kind of stupidity to leave those kinds of things in a vehicle, especially an unlocked vehicle. I to have OCD when it comes to locking my vehicle which is why I like the walk away feature. The little beep means the mobile kingdom is safe and the thieves, at least in this area, will move along to easier pickings.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
No problem, with your vehicle buying habits you will have this feature in about 2029 or so as with the 2020 Pilots and Passports you can modify those things to your liking. They are features on the Touring and Elite model only though. :ROFLMAO:
I just wanna....

·
Registered
18 Posts
2017 EX-L has a 'walk away lock' which can be activated or deactivated on your screen.
How to set-up Walk Away Auto Lock
  1. Press home on your display screen which is located on the top left portion of the screen right below the green power button.
  2. Press settings.
  3. Now select vehicle.
  4. Select keyless access setup.
  5. press walk away auto lock.
  6. Select enable.
  7. Then finally press OK.

It is on 2016 & 2017 Honda's

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
My 2012 Touring allows this function to be disabled—and some other options.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts