Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't think it's too early to start talking about the first anniversary of our beloved honda-pilot.org. The first post was on May 28, 2002.
Go here to see it:
http://www.piloteers.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1

(notice threadid=1)

Also, there are still some around here that will be celebrating their one year member anniversary too. :cool: Mine isn't until July. :(

So, what shall we do to celebrate?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Party!!!..

Get drunk..lol. Or we could all drive around all day blowing our horns and waving flags...How about a Pilot Parade?..lol.

:7: :7: :7: :7: :7: :18: :18: :jump3: :jump3:

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Party!!!..

Harddrv said:
Get drunk..lol. Or we could all drive around all day blowing our horns and waving flags...How about a Pilot Parade?..lol.
OK, you and RipRock pump the keg in the kitchen...:1:

·
Registered
286 Posts
K

No problem..long as I get a mug..lol:22:

·
Registered
373 Posts
Who was to first to post? (Not the Admin welcome)

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Re: Party!!!..

Harddrv said:
One "Pilot Parade" coming right up!!! (Well, you didn't specify what kind...) ;) :D

Attachments

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
991 Posts
I'll send the Canadian beer, hows that sound?

:D

·
Registered
286 Posts
Canadian beer?

gopilot, I luv Molsons Golden Ale!!

:2: :7: :2:

·
Registered
373 Posts
Twinkie said:
Who else but The Worm posted the first thread after the admin welcome thread. It's full of luminaries such as Threadhead, airgate, and hondacuraworld:
http://www.piloteers.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2
Thanks, I should have remembered it. I had ordered a Pilot EXL NAV in March and not much info was available. I was torn between the two and the side by side comparison (on the MDX site) confirmed my choice.
I do wish I had the extra features but I make up for it each month.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Re: Re: Party!!!..

kemosabe said:

One "Pilot Parade" coming right up!!! (Well, you didn't specify what kind...) ;) :D
What you doing with all that gay stuff on your puter??..lol

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hmmm

Aint that the Billery "military service" quote??

:bootyshak "Don't ask, don't tell. :bootyshak

:1pat: :1pat:

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Thanks for bringing it to our attention. I noticed that a few of those folks who posted in that thread are no longer around, such as LiuBei. I wonder why.

But take a look at 03Pilot's "Posts" number. He was already at 580+ when he replied at the #1 thread. How could that be? Are those numbers from posting at acuramdx.org?

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
RipRocK said:
Thanks for bringing it to our attention. I noticed that a few of those folks who posted in that thread are no longer around, such as LiuBei. I wonder why.
LiuBei still hangs out here... his last post was on 03-28-2003 12:50 PM in the thread "A Patriotic Favor"

RipRocK said:

But take a look at 03Pilot's "Posts" number. He was already at 580+ when he replied at the #1 thread. How could that be? Are those numbers from posting at acuramdx.org?
The post count is a dynamic one in that it gets updated with every new post you make... in other words, if you search for all of your (RipRocK) posts, you'll see the same post number (currently 634) in all of your posts. Later on, if you post two more new things, then your number will be 636 in ALL threads that you've posted in!! (When the server retrieves the posts for a thread, it updates your avatar, post number, etc... in real-time) Hope this made sense (it's still early)... :) :) :)

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: Twinkie, what have you done to me????

RipRocK said:
I now find myself going http://www.piloteers.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2, ...threadid=3, ...threadid=4, .... Do you realize that my Easter weekend will now be ruined because of this? Curse on you!
I think that is one value of bringing the anniversary to everyone's attention. Even though 'we' are only approaching our first birthday, there is alot of history here relative to the issues and people that have come and gone. Maybe we need to elect a Historian or a wise SAGE (hint, hint) that will be responsible for recounting the days of 'yore.

·
Registered
395 Posts
RipRocK said:
The number is the current number of posts, not how many he had then. Go back and look at some of your old posts.

This month marks my first anniversary..I used this forum quite a bit to decide between the Pilot and the Highlander.

Back in the old days :)) ), I was able to read every single post....I lost that ability around last November. So my posts slowed down accordingly.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Re: Re: Twinkie, what have you done to me????

Twinkie said:

I think that is one value of bringing the anniversary to everyone's attention. Even though 'we' are only approaching our first birthday, there is alot of history here relative to the issues and people that have come and gone. Maybe we need to elect a Historian or a wise SAGE (hint, hint) that will be responsible for recounting the days of 'yore.
Well, Twinkie, we're even closer to that big 1-year anniversary. In re-reading your post, it struck me that it would be really neat to "mark" the anniversary with an overview of the site's history. Is there anyone still on the board regularly who has maintained a "presence" from the beginning? Maybe this Piloteer could step forward and volunteer to give an accounting of "those days of yore"???

If nobody feels qualified (or volunteers) to revisit the history of our entire first year, I wonder if Sage might consent to being drafted to give her account of the site's development, at least since she joined. Somehow I first thought you had been around since the very beginning, Sage, but your profile says you joined in September. What the heck, it seems you've been around forever and there's no question about your "Sagacity"! (Hehehe). How about it, Sage--would you help make the Pilot.org 1st anniversary a little more special by posting your account of this first year gone by??? :17: :17: :17:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts